Two-Year Biotechnology Analyst
2048 Ventures, a thesis driven, high conviction, pre-seed venture capital firm is looking to bring on board a two-year Biotech Analyst, in NYC or Boston, to support its investment team. Compensation for this role ranges between $80K-$100K annually, depending on experience.
We are looking for an exceptional, ambitious and accomplished individual who has a passion for biotechnology, and is hungry to learn. You will be working directly with our Principal Julie Wolf and the rest of the investment team. This is a great way to break into venture for those without prior experience.
Some of your duties will include:
- Assist investment team with due diligence
- Conduct market research
- Help us source the best pre/seed bio companies
- Build and maintain key databases of pharma contacts and downstream investors
- Work with research institutions and professors
- Assist with 2048 Ventures Biotech Studio and Biotech Pitch Competition
Here are our must-have’s:
- M.S, PhD. or MD in Genomics, Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, or related field
- Located in Boston or New York
- Demonstrated ability to hustle to source deals and to build a network
- Exceptional ability to dive deep and conduct research into markets and technologies
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate research findings
- Extraordinary organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter, can do, entrepreneurial attitude
- Curiosity and focus on life long learning
- Exceptional work ethic
- Some knowledge or exposure to venture capital investing be a plus
- Relationships with university TTOs, PIs, and biotech clubs/organizations are a plus.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your application here http://2048.vc/apply-bio-analyst.
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Your resume in PDF format, and links to your LinkedIn and Twitter accounts (if you have them).
- A short 2-3 minute video which should include:
- Why you want this job, and why you are interested in VC
- A brief summary of your background
- Examples of how your experience and qualities map onto what we are looking for
- A writing sample that demonstrates your written abilities. For example, your Masters or PhD Thesis or a paper or article you wrote.
- Written exercise
- Describe 3 themes in biotech or 3 biotech companies you are excited about and why
- Pick any biotech investment of 2048 Ventures and explain what they do and what the market opportunity is
About 2048 Ventures
We are a thesis driven, high conviction, pre-seed/seed stage focused venture capital firm. We lead rounds in companies that are differentiated through technology and data. We invest primarily in APIs, data, infrastructure, platforms, marketplaces and vertical SaaS across verticals including bio, digital health, longevity, AI/ML, security, fintech, logistics, femtech, and eldertech.
We are investing out of our $65M Fund II. We have an incredible group of LPs including founders and executives of iconic startups, family offices, and fund of funds.
We are a distributed team based in NYC and Toronto; we primarily invest in US, Canada and the UK.