Alpine HQ DEI Associate/Lead
Alpine Investors is seeking a DE&I Associate/Lead to play a pivotal role in shaping and advancing our organization’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at Alpine HQ. The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader, adept at gaining followership, experienced in executing + driving organizational change. This role will be responsible for co-creating, implementing, aligning, and championing our comprehensive DE&I strategy at Alpine HQ.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS JOB
- A passionate advocate – you are deeply committed to fostering DE&I within the workplace and beyond.
- A strategic thinker – you design/implement initiatives to drive cultural transformation and promote DE&I at all levels.
- A collaborator – you thrive on working with cross-functional teams and can influence change across the organization.
- A data-driven decision-maker – you track, measure, and assess DE&I efforts to continuously improve outcomes.
- A problem-solver – you address challenges related to DE&I in a thoughtful and effective manner.
- A solution-oriented owner – you proactively jump in to identify themes + hold truths and propose + lead solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Strategy Implementation
- Partner with senior leadership and the DE&I steering committee to shape Alpine’s diversity and inclusion strategy, in alignment with the company’s values and goals
- Work with senior leadership to implement Alpine’s strategic DE&I initiatives and drive ownership of DE&I across the organization, including coordinating and guiding the DE&I Committee
- Culture and Internal Engagement
- Partner with extended Firm Operations team on retention initiatives that create an inclusive work environment (i.e. celebrations, onboarding, etc.) and drives high eNPS across the firm
- Ensure employee resource groups (ERGs) are well-supported and meeting regularly
- Data Analysis
- Implement + innovate + maintain systems for tracking and analyzing diversity and inclusion metrics (i.e. people dashboard)
- Use data (qualitative + quantitative) to drive decision-making and identify areas for improvement
- Advocacy and Communication
- Serve as an advocate and spokesperson for DE&I within the organization
- Communicate thoughtfully on DE&I topics to stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including DE&I Committee
- Be a trusted space for all Alpine employees
- Education and Training
- In partnership with our L&D lead, develop/facilitate DE&I learning opportunities and tools for employees, leadership, and management
- In partnership with our Talent team, continue to refine and establish diverse recruitment strategies and resources (including our inclusive hiring playbook, partnerships, hiring workshops, etc.)
- Represent Alpine Investors in diversity-focused recruiting events when necessary
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Strong track record of creating and/or implementing successful culture-related initiatives (inclusive of DE&I)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to collect, interpret, package, and utilize DE&I data to guide strategy
- Deep interest in and understanding of DE&I best practices and trends
- Ability to create psychologically safe spaces for employees of all backgrounds
- Genuine passion and care for people – and the future of the Alpine team
- Alignment with Alpine’s core value
- 3-6 years of professional experience
- Experience within the DE&I field for a minimum of 2 years
- 3+ days in office per week
- Located in SF or NYC
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation and bonus
- Flexible time off
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401k matching
- PeopleFirst Culture
- Events and activities both team-based and company-wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
ABOUT ALPINE INVESTORS
Alpine Investors (“Alpine”) is a San Francisco, New York City, and Salt Lake City-based private equity firm that is completely reimagining the private equity space. With over $15 billion in assets under management across nine flagship funds and an established track record of strong performance (most recent fund of 4.5B), Alpine continues to demonstrate that pursuing and investing in passionate individuals is the key driver in building enduring companies and delivering market-leading returns.
Alpine is proud to be recognized as a UNPRI certified business, B-Corporation organization, Great Place to Work™, and Inc. Top Founder Friendly firm. The Alpine team believes in hiring for attributes over experiences and includes 120+ professionals and 60+ PeopleFirst portfolio company leaders with diverse investing, operations, management, and finance backgrounds. Please visit our website to learn more.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION AT ALPINE
At Alpine, we believe a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DE&I”) is integral to hiring exceptional people and creating enduring businesses. To inspire growth at our firm and throughout our portfolio, we strive to create an organization where every individual is celebrated, heard, valued, and empowered to reach their full potential. These beliefs and actions are true to Alpine’s PeopleFirst philosophy, which is rooted in how we invest, hire, and show up day in and day out.
We will continuously look for ways to improve and evolve in our ever-changing world and we are committed to ensuring Alpine is one of the best places to work for all by creating diverse teams, strengthening our culture of inclusion, and giving everyone an equitable opportunity to succeed.
To learn more about our DE&I work, please read our latest Force For Good Report.
The annualized base pay range for this role is expected to be between $120,000 – $170,000. Actual base pay could vary based on factors including but not limited to experience, subject matter expertise and the applicant’s skill set. The base pay is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual cash bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.