Investment Analyst, Hardware
Anzu is looking for an Analyst to join our Investment Team who will be responsible for both portfolio and investment support. The candidate will primarily be responsible for supporting existing portfolio companies as they commercialize and scale, with additional opportunity for performing due diligence, market research, and uncovering promising new startups powered by unique technology.
You will have the ability to work with the leadership at breakthrough industrial tech and life sciences start-ups across our portfolio, alongside the investment team, gaining direct exposure to the early-stage venture capital ecosystem. In this role, you will predominantly support our portfolio companies on a broad range of functional areas – product development, commercialization, and operations, amongst others.
You will work with the high-tech companies in our portfolio, such as Arduino (open-source hardware pioneer), Encharge AI (developing advanced AI accelerators), Liquid Instruments (software-defined engineering instrumentation), among others.
The position is based out of our San Diego office and reports directly to a Partner.
- Develop strategies including commercial (e.g., product, channels, pricing, etc.), marketing, and operations for new and existing products and services.
- Analyze product fit to the target market and any potential adjustments needed.
- Leverage market data to create organized slide decks.
- Support due diligence efforts for prospective investments (e.g., assess business plans, conduct market scans and competitive analyses, help build financial models, and prepare investment memoranda) and contribute to managing the investment pipeline.
- Technology landscaping to uncover new trends and gaps in AI, renewable energy, materials science, and industrial processes.
- Support investment operations activities for the investment team such as venture capital fund planning and analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer or hardware engineering, or related areas
- 2-4 years of industry experience, early-stage or startup company experience preferred, with experience working on or developing hardware.
- Be a “Swiss army knife” with the ability to quickly learn new technologies and industries using a strong technical foundation.
- Strong personal drive and ability to operate independently when needed.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including written, oral, and digital.
- Excellent analytical capabilities, including Excel and PowerPoint, and ability to synthesize complex information and succinctly communicate it to different audiences.
- Intellectual curiosity about and/or direct experience working in the industrial tech space.