2024 Summer Analyst – Financial Reporting
Apollo is a high-growth, global alternative asset manager. In our asset management business, we seek to provide our clients excess return at every point along the risk-reward spectrum from investment grade to private equity with a focus on three investing strategies: yield, hybrid, and equity. For more than three decades, our investing expertise across our fully integrated platform has served the financial return needs of our clients and provided businesses with innovative capital solutions for growth. Through Athene, our retirement services business, we specialize in helping clients achieve financial security by providing a suite of retirement savings products and acting as a solutions provider to institutions. Our patient, creative, and knowledgeable approach to investing aligns our clients, businesses we invest in, our employees, and the communities we impact, to expand opportunity and achieve positive outcomes.
OUR PURPOSE AND CORE VALUES
Our clients rely on our investment acumen to help secure their future. We must never lose our focus and determination to be the best investors and most trusted partners on their behalf. We strive to be:
The leading provider of retirement income solutions to institutions, companies, and individuals.
The leading provider of capital solutions to companies. Our breadth and scale enable us to deliver capital for even the largest projects – and our small firm mindset ensures we will be a thoughtful and dedicated partner to these organizations. We are committed to helping them build stronger businesses.
A leading contributor to addressing some of the biggest issues facing the world today – such as energy transition, accelerating the adoption of new technologies, and social impact – where innovative approaches to investing can make a positive difference.
We are building a unique firm of extraordinary colleagues who:
As One Apollo team, we believe that doing great work and having fun go hand in hand, and we are proud of what we can achieve together.
OUR SUMMER PROGRAM
Our 10-week Summer Program provides full immersion into the small, dynamic teams that drive Apollo’s innovative investment strategies and access to an unparalleled, apprenticeship learning experience. Come to Apollo and join a community of extraordinary people who are committed to a culture of excellence and collaboration in everything that we do.
Financial Reporting Team Overview
Financial Reporting team is responsible for the accurate reporting of both internal and external operating results of Apollo Global Management. This includes consolidations, close management, general ledger maintenance, entity and department level accounting, regulatory reporting for the management companies/advisory entities within AGM and external SEC reporting.
The Financial Reporting Intern is responsible for helping to support the broader financial reporting team, and ensure that our financial statements are SEC, GAAP and SOX compliant for Apollo Global Management.
Your responsibilities will include:
At Apollo, we work as one team, partnering across regions and disciplines to share the perspectives and insights that lead us to exceptional opportunities. You’ll partner with junior and senior level professionals on a range of projects across the team.
- Assist in consolidations process including monthly and quarterly close processes
- Prepare monthly consolidation journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare daily cash bookings and perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist with quarterly internal and external reporting, which includes earnings release, 10-Q/K and related disclosures
- Assist in maintaining a strong SOX controls environment and ensuring proper documentation of our SOX processes.
- Help to advance and improve workflow surrounding financial reporting process with a focus on automating and streamlining processes
- Ad hoc requests and special projects as necessary
The base salary range for this position is $85,000-$100,000. Compensation ranges are based on several factors including job function, level, and geographic location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed here.
Apollo Global Management LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or because of any other criteria prohibited under controlling federal, state or local law.
Qualifications & Experience
- Pursuing an BA or BS in Accounting with a CPA track (Class of 2025), an excellent academic record and a demonstrated interest in financial reporting through previous internships, jobs, and coursework
- A critical thinker with strong quantitative and analytical skills who expresses their thoughts and ideas clearly both in oral and written communications
- A proactive and organized self-starter with a positive attitude, powerful work ethic, strong attention to detail, and experience and comfort in Excel
- Role requires individual to be nimble and flexible to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- The ability to take on a task and “run with it” to conclusion is a critical characteristic of this role
The base salary range for this position is listed above. Compensation ranges are based on several factors including job function, level, and geographic location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed here.