2024 Summer Associate- FIG & Strategy NY
FIG & Strategy NY Team Overview
The Apollo Financial Services Investment team works on a broad range of high priority strategic transactions in financial services sectors broadly defined, including insurance, specialty finance, asset management and financial technology.
Your responsibilities will include:
At Apollo, we work as one team, partnering across regions and disciplines to share the perspectives and insights that lead us to exceptional opportunities. You’ll partner with junior and senior level professionals on a range of projects across the team.
- Participate in all stages of the transaction process, including private equity style sourcing, structuring/valuation, due diligence, negotiation and integration for financial services acquisitions across the capital
- Be responsible for financial modeling and analysis, including developing business projections and assessing capital structures
- Form deep partnerships with existing and future management teams in respect of the M&A process; partnering with third party due diligence advisors such as accountants, tax experts, consultants and lawyers, as needed
- Perform company and industry due diligence, including risk assessment and quantitative & qualitative analysis of business and market trends within financial services sub-sectors
- Monitor existing financial services portfolio companies, evaluate platform and add-on acquisitions and evaluating exit options
- Acquire, create and grow strategically critical businesses for Apollo – part of a small, entrepreneurial and growing team tasked with executing on an outsized share of Apollo and affiliates’ growth through investment opportunities with a wide range of complexity and risk/return profiles
- Assist the team with additional ad hoc projects
Qualifications & Experience
- Pursuing an MBA or JD/MBA (Class of 2025) with an excellent academic record and a demonstrated interest in finance through previous internships, jobs, and coursework
- At least two years of experience in investment banking; additional years of investing and/or FIG experience a plus
- A critical thinker with strong quantitative and analytical skills who expresses their thoughts and ideas clearly both in oral and written communications
- A collaborative thinker who can also work independently, multitask, and prioritize competing demands to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
A proactive and organized self-starter with a positive attitude, powerful work ethic, strong attention to detail, and experience and comfort in Excel
The base salary range for this position is listed above. Compensation ranges are based on several factors including job function, level, and geographic location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed here.