2024 Summer Associate – Global Corporate Credit
Apollo is a high-growth, global alternative asset manager. In our asset management business, we seek to provide our clients excess return at every point along the risk-reward spectrum from investment grade to private equity with a focus on three investing strategies: yield, hybrid, and equity. For more than three decades, our investing expertise across our fully integrated platform has served the financial return needs of our clients and provided businesses with innovative capital solutions for growth. Through Athene, our retirement services business, we specialize in helping clients achieve financial security by providing a suite of retirement savings products and acting as a solutions provider to institutions. Our patient, creative, and knowledgeable approach to investing aligns our clients, businesses we invest in, our employees, and the communities we impact, to expand opportunity and achieve positive outcomes.
OUR PURPOSE AND CORE VALUES
Our clients rely on our investment acumen to help secure their future. We must never lose our focus and determination to be the best investors and most trusted partners on their behalf. We strive to be:
The leading provider of retirement income solutions to institutions, companies, and individuals.
The leading provider of capital solutions to companies. Our breadth and scale enable us to deliver capital for even the largest projects – and our small firm mindset ensures we will be a thoughtful and dedicated partner to these organizations. We are committed to helping them build stronger businesses.
A leading contributor to addressing some of the biggest issues facing the world today – such as energy transition, accelerating the adoption of new technologies, and social impact – where innovative approaches to investing can make a positive difference.
We are building a unique firm of extraordinary colleagues who:
As One Apollo team, we believe that doing great work and having fun go hand in hand, and we are proud of what we can achieve together.
OUR SUMMER PROGRAM
Our 10-week Summer Program provides full immersion into the small, dynamic teams that drive Apollo’s innovative investment strategies and access to an unparalleled, apprenticeship learning experience. Come to Apollo and join a community of extraordinary people who are committed to a culture of excellence and collaboration in everything that we do.
Global Corporate Credit Team Overview
The Corporate Credit team manages north of $80bn in AUM as of Q2 2023 across yield-oriented and opportunistic credit strategies. The team is comprised of over 70 investment professionals globally focused on senior sector loans, high yield, event-driven and multi-sector credit.
Global Corporate Credit (“GCC”) invests across a spectrum of strategies including liquid performing, opportunistic, distressed and large corporate direct lending, with specific focus on the non-investment grade space.
Your responsibilities will include:
At Apollo, we work as one team, partnering across regions and disciplines to share the perspectives and insights that lead us to exceptional opportunities. During our comprehensive ten-week program, you’ll learn about our approach to investing through the lens of our Credit platform, one of the most integral components of our growth and success. You’ll partner with junior and senior level professionals on a range of projects at every stage of the investment cycle.
The Summer Associate will have the opportunity to rotate between several industry pods/sectors within the Corporate Credit Industry Research team. The sector placement will be based on business need as well as demonstrated experience and interest of the candidate.
As a Summer Associate on the Corporate Credit team you will:
- Provide analytical and project support for all investment related activities
- Construct financial models, sensitivity analyses, comparable analyses and other discrete financial analyses
- Conduct exploratory research and perform analytics on potential investment opportunities alongside members of the team
- Be responsible for modeling, quantitative financial analysis, industry research, and understanding/monitoring for individual investments.
- Assist the team with additional ad hoc projects
The base salary range for this position is $150,000-$175,000. Compensation ranges are based on several factors including job function, level, and geographic location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed here.
Apollo Global Management LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or because of any other criteria prohibited under controlling federal, state or local law.
Qualifications & Experience
- Pursuing an MBA or JD/MBA (Class of 2025) with an excellent academic record and a demonstrated interest in finance through previous internships, jobs and coursework.
- At least two years’ experience in credit investing, investment banking, or relevant buy-side experience (restructuring, industry coverage, M&A, FIG, or Leveraged Finance backgrounds preferred).
- Strong interest in credit investing, with an interest to focus on various sub-strategies including Performing, Opportunistic and Direct Lending.
- A critical thinker with strong quantitative and analytical skills who expresses their thoughts and ideas clearly both in oral and written communications.
- A collaborative thinker who can also work independently, multitask and prioritize competing demands to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive and organized self-starter with a positive attitude, powerful work ethic, strong attention to detail and experience and comfort in Excel.
The base salary range for this position is listed above. Compensation ranges are based on several factors including job function, level, and geographic location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed here.