2024 Summer Associate- Private Equity
Private Equity Team Overview
The Apollo Private Equity team works on a broad range of investment opportunities in lean deal teams to evaluate investment opportunities. Core industry verticals include chemicals, manufacturing & industrials, natural resources, consumer & retail, consumer services, business services, financial services, leisure, media, telecommunications & technology and other sectors. Recent examples of Apollo private equity transactions include Yahoo!, Michaels, Legendary Entertainment, and AeroMexico. The Private Equity team has a flexible investment approach to pursue superior risk-adjusted returns across market cycles, with a focus on opportunistic buyouts, corporate carve-outs, and distressed for control transactions.
Your responsibilities will include:
At Apollo, we work as one team, partnering across regions and disciplines to share the perspectives and insights that lead us to exceptional opportunities. You’ll partner with junior and senior level professionals on a range of projects across the team.
- Perform company and industry due diligence, including risk assessment and quantitative & qualitative analysis of business and market trends
- Monitor existing portfolio companies, evaluating platform and add-on acquisitions and evaluating exit options
- Develop investment committee memoranda and materials with senior team members
- Present and participating in investment committee meetings, including communicating analyses effectively to senior investment professionals
- Conduct financial modeling and analysis incorporating various business projections and capital structures, while stress testing critical assumptions
- Partner with external due diligence advisors such as accountants, tax experts, consultants and lawyers
- Work with counterparties to execute financings for Apollo’s investments
- Assist the team with additional ad hoc projects
Qualifications & Experience
- Pursuing an MBA or JD/MBA (Class of 2025) with an excellent academic record and a demonstrated interest in finance through previous internships, jobs, and coursework
- At least two years of experience in investment banking; additional years of investing experience a plus
- A critical thinker with strong quantitative and analytical skills who expresses their thoughts and ideas clearly both in oral and written communications
- A collaborative thinker who can also work independently, multitask, and prioritize competing demands to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
A proactive and organized self-starter with a positive attitude, powerful work ethic, strong attention to detail, and experience and comfort in Excel
The base salary range for this position is listed above. Compensation ranges are based on several factors including job function, level, and geographic location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed here.