Associate, Structured Credit
At Apollo, we’re a global team of alternative investment managers passionate about delivering uncommon value to our investors and shareholders. With over 30 years of proven expertise across Private Equity, Credit and Real Estate, regions and industries, we’re known for our integrated businesses, our strong investment performance, our value-oriented philosophy – and our people.
Apollo is seeking an Associate to join our global Structured Credit & Asset-Backed Securities (“ABS”) group within the broader Credit platform. The incumbent will primarily focus on ABS and will lead the structuring and execution of ABS transactions, with an emphasis in esoteric ABS sectors such as aircraft, whole business securitization, digital infrastructure, entertainment royalties and equipment. Transactions will largely be driven from the Apollo origination network and from our operating platforms so a strong background in ABS banking is a requisite.
- Full securitization process management including application of Rating Agency methodology, investor cash flow modeling, communication with counsel and rating agencies on documentation and transaction execution and negotiations with transaction counterparties.
- Work with multiple functional groups, including Apollo PE / FIG, Redding Ridge and our operating platforms, to develop new products and structure innovative solutions for our existing businesses.
- Present and defend investment recommendations to the Investment Committee.
Qualifications & Experience
- 3-5 years ABS structuring experience.
- Understanding of Rating Agency Methodology.
- Deep familiarity with ABS deal documentation and experience working with external counsel.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are mandatory.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and Intex.
- Strong presentation and communication abilities, detail orientation and an exceptional technical skillset.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and rigorous work environment; demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands and meet deadlines.
- Strong initiative and ownership of responsibilities – must demonstrate a proactive, positive attitude toward given tasks.
- Self-starter with a willingness to execute projects on a small, nimble team.
- Team-oriented and collaborative attitude is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
The base salary range for this position is listed above. This position is also eligible for a discretionary annual bonus based on personal, team, and Firm performance. Compensation ranges are based on several factors including job function, level, and geographic location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed here.