Principal, Corporate Credit – Consumer
Apollo is seeking a Principal to join its Global Corporate Credit investment team on the Consumer vertical. The candidate will work as part of the Corporate Credit team on all stages of the investment process and will focus on new and existing investments across all sub-sectors including Consumer Products, Food & Beverage, Restaurants, Gaming, Lodging, & Leisure. The investment professional will work on performing new issue loan/HY bonds, secondary opportunities, and direct origination. The individual will contribute to various activities including credit underwriting, financial modeling, investment memo preparation, and portfolio monitoring to support the sector head and portfolio managers across the Apollo Credit platform.
- Manage a sub-sector and partner with the Consumer sector head to provide analytical and project support for all investment related activities including new issues, secondary opportunities, and portfolio monitoring.
- Serve as a point person on the Consumer team to conduct exploratory research and perform analysis on potential investment opportunities.
- Daily responsibilities include financial modeling, industry & business due diligence, relative value analysis, and quarterly reporting.
- Work with the team to develop investment committee memoranda, materials for senior team members, and ad hoc projects including but not limited to portfolio monitoring, reporting and investor requests.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5-8 years of credit buy-side, investment banking or capital markets experience.
- Specific experience in the Consumer sector is preferred, but not required.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills with efficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to present investment memos to senior members of the Investment Committee.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
200,000 - 300,000
The base salary range for this position is listed above. This position is also eligible for a discretionary annual bonus based on personal, team, and Firm performance. Compensation ranges are based on several factors including job function, level, and geographic location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed here.