Investment Associate, Application Software
Bain Capital Ventures
BCV is looking to add an Investment Associate to the team in San Francisco. Associates work directly with Principals and Partners to support all aspects of the investment process. This associate will focus specifically on early stage application software (including AI), fintech and commerce companies.
- Sourcing investment opportunities – Associates play a key role in uncovering investment opportunities through meeting and networking with founders and teams (direct outreach, attending conferences, demo days, meet-ups, etc.) Successful associates are an integral part of their ecosystem and develop deep relationships with entrepreneurs, fellow investors, and relevant industry executives.
- Evaluating potential investments – Associates are critical in driving investment diligence, working with lead partners to answer key questions and frame opportunities for review by our investment committee. Diligence often centers around questions on market dynamics, competitive landscape, and customer traction.
- Supporting portfolio companies – The real work often begins after the investment. Associates partner closely with our portfolio companies and help founders with business development, financial planning, fundraising, opportunistic M&A, hiring, and more.
- We also see opportunities to get involved with incubations and events, as appropriate.
At BCV, we don’t think there is one set of experiences that create a good investor. However, we are looking for someone with high energy and an enthusiasm for new technology and excellent products. Our associates typically have between 2-4 years of work experience.
- You are passionate about technology, and you have a unique point of view about technology trends. You have a perspective about the hottest new app. You are opinionated about product design and love thinking about what makes an excellent product experience.
- You are a builder. Most likely you in a product or engineering role at a high-growth tech company. You are constantly playing with the new AI productivity or analytics tool that just launched, trying to see over the horizon. You ask your sales and marketing team how they’re using AI to help their workflows and imagine a future where AI solves their problems.
- You are a self-starter who likes to experiment, build and own new approaches, and is comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment. A passion for start-ups, venture capital, and investing is a must.
- You’re deeply ingrained in founder networks. You love meeting founders and your friends are founders. You attend hackathons and happy hours, and love hearing what people are working on. You attract smart, entrepreneurial people who seek you out for advice.
- You are a compelling communicator — you can paint a picture about why something may not work, but why it has the potential to be game changing.
You have an excellent academic track record and attention to detail.
You must live in or be willing to relocate to San Francisco.
$175k base + $125k bonus
Bain Capital also offers associates the opportunity to coinvest in our funds, along with a competitive benefits package.
LEARN MORE ABOUT US
Please visit baincapitalventures.com to get to know our team and learn more about our portfolio companies. You can also follow us on Twitter at @BainCapVC.
Bain Capital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Neva Davidson / Internal Recruiting: email@example.com