Investment Analyst, Real Estate Credit
BDT & MSD Partners
BDT & MSD Partners is a merchant bank with an advisory and investment platform built to serve the distinct needs of business owners and strategic, long-term investors. We are distinguished by our decades of experience advising at the intersection of founders, families, and businesses, as well as by our differentiated capital base and culture of aligned investing. Since 2010, our affiliated funds have deployed more than $50 billion across our investment strategies.
BDT & MSD Partners was established in 2023 through the combination of BDT & Company, the merchant bank to the closely held, founded in 2009 by Byron Trott, and MSD Partners, a premier investment firm that since 2009 has invested on behalf of Dell Technologies Founder Michael Dell, his family, and other like-minded investors.
Business Title: Analyst/Associate/Vice President
Department: Real Estate Credit
Location: New York
BDT & MSD is currently operating in a hybrid work model.
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Salary Range: $200,000 – $300,000
BDT & MSD is committed to providing its employees with career growth opportunities and a competitive total compensation package. Actual salary at the time of hire may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s relevant qualifications, skills, and experience. The above range references only base salary and does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
- Evaluating prospective real estate credit and structured equity investment opportunities
- Assisting in all aspects of due diligence and deal execution processes
- Generating financial analysis, market analysis and investment committee memoranda detailing investment rationale, execution risks, and prospective returns
- Engaging and directing third party vendors
- Assisting in the implementation of business plans, including financing, dispositions, and ongoing portfolio surveillance and servicing
- 1-6 years of experience in investment banking, with a focus on real estate
- Bachelor’s degree from a top undergraduate institution
- Strong work ethic and a passion for real estate
- Outstanding quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Excellent time management and verbal and written communication skills
At BDT & MSD, we are committed to creating and prioritizing a diverse, equitable & inclusive work environment in all we do. We are focused on building a workplace that reflects a variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, as well as fostering an inclusive and development-oriented culture. Our people are our most important asset. We believe that having a strong team of diverse, world-class talent is not only the right thing to do but also critical to every aspect of our collective success as a business.
BDT & MSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.