Investment Associate (Hybrid)
About Bessemer Securities Corporation
Bessemer Securities is a multi-billion-dollar family-owned private investment company investing in private equity, venture capital, hedge funds and a variety of public equity and fixed income securities.
Bessemer Securities Corporation (BSC) is seeking a thoughtful investment professional with a generalist public and private markets investment background to join its team. The Investment Associate will be an integral part of a small team at a leading multifamily office with a legacy of top tier client service. The Investment Associate will work closely with the Director of Alternatives Advisory and other colleagues to develop and implement investment solutions for key clients.
Key Responsibilities And Objectives
- Assist with sourcing, evaluating, and underwriting all aspects of due diligence for prospective investments, including initial screening, quantitative and qualitative portfolio analysis, and investment memo compilation
- Manager Monitoring – help oversee existing manager relationships by partaking in regular updates and regularly assessing results through performance and attribution analysis, as well as evaluation of underlying investments
- Exposure Monitoring – aggregating, analyzing, and maintaining detailed data for all underlying holdings in manager portfolios across public and private asset classes
- Portfolio Analysis – working with the operations and investment team on the critical tools and analysis that supports performance assessment and attribution, asset allocation, liquidity management, and risk management
- Data Management – inputting, organizing, and managing data from existing and prospective managers, as well as for various markets, investment strategies, sectors, and geographies, using data vendors and various internal applications
- Board Reporting – assisting in the creation and review of regular and ad?hoc materials for key client’s Board of Directors
- Special Projects – leading special projects related to various markets, investment strategies, sectors, and geographies
- Unimpeachable ethics with the highest level of integrity, discretion, and commitment
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and a passion for investing
- Bachelor’s degree required, excellent credentials or a desire to pursue further credentials preferred (MBA/CFA/CAIA)
- 5?8 years of relevant experience and/or experience researching and investing in alternative investment strategies
- High degree of comfort working in a flexible, entrepreneurial environment with a small team
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, able to communicate analysis effectively
- Knowledge of investment and financial theory, asset allocation, risk management and portfolio construction concepts
- Excellent quantitative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and FactSet (or similar data software)
- A network within the investment community across fund managers and allocators
- Superior ability for effective time management and meeting deadlines, multi?tasking, and working well under pressure
- Ability to take initiative and work independently to drive various projects
The base salary range for this position is $130,000.00 – $180,000.00. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as skills, experience, and qualification for the role. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range.
In addition, this position may be eligible for a discretionary incentive based on individual and company performance.
Eligible employees may participate in a 401 (k) program with a company profit sharing contribution, medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability coverage and paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.