2024 Blackstone Life Sciences Summer Senior Associate
Business Unit: Life Sciences
Location: Cambridge, MA
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Life Sciences (BXLS) is a private, global investment platform with capabilities to invest across the life-cycle of companies and products.? By combining scale investments and hands-on operational leadership, Blackstone Life Sciences helps bring to market promising new medicines that improve patients’ lives.
Job Title: Summer Senior Associate
Summer Senior Associates will work on potential investments, including sourcing and execution of such opportunities, and monitoring of current portfolio companies in the Life Sciences sector. Summer Senior Associates are involved in transaction sourcing, due diligence, valuation analysis, and negotiation of contracts and other agreements. The relatively small size of this group offers Summer Senior Associates the opportunity to work closely with senior members of Blackstone and to have extensive interaction with management teams and external advisors.
- Investment research
- Financial analysis, valuation, and modeling
- Industry and competitive analysis
- Business and scientific due diligence
- Drafting of memoranda for internal and external use
- Assistance in the execution of financing of transactions
- Preparing a Summer Capstone project, to be presented to the full partnership at the conclusion of the Internship
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Currently enrolled in a dual life sciences-business program (e.g., MD/MBA) or in an advanced degree program in a life sciences discipline (i.e. MD or MD/PhD). Graduate students in a business degree program (MBA) with undergraduate life sciences training, or conversely graduate students in a life sciences degree program (Masters or PhD) with undergraduate training in business will also qualify.
- Experience in investment banking or consulting with a focus on life sciences and/or principal investing experience in a life science focused fund a strong positive
- Physicians in residency or fellowship training with demonstrated interest in life sciences investing will also be considered.
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Expected annual base salary range:
$175,000 - $175,000
Actual base salary within that range will be determined by several components including but not limited to the individual’s experience, skills, qualifications and job location. For roles located outside of the US, please disregard the posted salary bands as these roles will follow a separate compensation process based on local market comparables.
Additional compensation: Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with the advertised role.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.