BAAM- Investment Analyst, Credit Team
Business Unit: BAAM
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Alternative Asset Management (BAAM®) manages approximately $78?billion across a diversified set of businesses, including a customized portfolio solutions business, a special situations platform, a business that purchases GP stakes in alternative asset managers, an open-ended mutual fund platform, and an emerging manager seeding business. BAAM invests across a variety of asset classes and strategies to create solutions for its investors. Through its sharp focus on clients’ goals, a rigorous due-diligence process and access to Blackstone’s global insights, BAAM strives to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns across market cycles?while mitigating downside risk during stressed market environments.
Job Title: BAAM- Investment Analyst, Credit Team
The Credit Strategy team is responsible for sourcing, underwriting, and monitoring investments across the capital structure throughout credit asset classes (e.g., investment grade and high yield bonds, leveraged loans, structured equity, mortgage-related credit, asset-backed securities, specialty finance, real assets, etc.).
Investments may take varying forms, including partnerships with fund managers, operating platforms, co-investments, and direct investments. The potential investment universe is broad (including public and private investments), and the team operates with a highly entrepreneurial and flexible investment approach.
Analysts and Associates are expected to analyze/monitor new and existing investments, prepare materials for presentations (for both clients and senior management), and communicate with external partners as well as other BAAM teams. Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the team to source and diligence prospective investments within the Credit space, including meetings with fund managers and industry participants, thematic strategy research, quantitative analysis, and sourcing and underwriting public and private direct investments and co-investments across a wide range of asset classes.
- Continuous evaluation of existing portfolio exposures (across fund investments/partnerships, direct investments, and co-investments), including tracking key positions, themes, and exposures within portfolios, regular conversations with managers and industry participants, and challenging/stress-testing investment theses.
- Performing deep dive due diligence on companies and/or assets, including creating detailed financial models and scenario analyses, researching industries and themes, and analyzing legal documents.
- Structuring of investments and funds/partnerships, including investment objectives/parameters, covenants/legal structures, and tax structures.
- Creating materials for investment committees, regular portfolio discussions, and updates for senior management and external investors.
- Developing tools to process and analyze large data sets for individual investment underwriting as well as broader portfolio construction analyses.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, diligent, and who have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience (e.g., investment banking, leveraged finance, credit trading, investment management, etc.).
- Entrepreneurial, team-oriented mentality
- Strong communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to write and present effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound judgement and confidence
- The ability to complete ad hoc projects independently
- Experience working in a team environment and contributing to a positive team environment
- Prior coding knowledge is a plus but not necessary
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Expected annual base salary range:
$100,000 - $120,000
Actual base salary within that range will be determined by several components including but not limited to the individual’s experience, skills, qualifications and job location. For roles located outside of the US, please disregard the posted salary bands as these roles will follow a separate compensation process based on local market comparables.
Additional compensation: Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with the advertised role.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.