Blackstone Credit – BDC Finance, VP
Job Title: BDC Finance, Vice President
The BDC Finance Vice President for will be involved in accounting, finance and reporting activities for Blackstone Credit’s BDC investment advisory business. Blackstone Credit manages BXSL (a publicly traded BDC) and BCRED (a continuously offered non-traded BDC).
The principal responsibilities for supporting the BDCs include:
- Working directly with the third-party administrator to coordinate workflow and reviewing all accounting deliverables to ensure accuracy and conformity with applicable accounting standards
- Assisting with preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables to Blackstone
- Working closely with Product Control and Operations teams to identify and reconcile investment and P&L differences between internal accounting systems and administrator data
- Monitoring compliance with the SEC and IRS regulatory tests applicable to BDCs
- Preparation and review of 10-Q and 10-K SEC filings
- Working closely with the investment team with requests, including updating BDC financial model, liquidity management, PM reporting and various ad hoc requests
- Providing review and reconciliation of the valuation process of the investment portfolio
- Liaising with the Investment, Operation and Investor Relations teams to review and enhance internal and investor reporting
- Responding to ad hoc requests from external investors including return calculations and performance summaries
- Working with Investor Relations to prepare quarterly investor deck/earnings release
- Preparing materials for BDC Board of Directors
- Assisting with technology initiatives
- Performing research on new accounting pronouncements and their impact on financial statements
- Undergraduate degree
- 8+ years of professional work experience
- Public or public/private accounting mix preferred
- BDC product experience required (non-traded BDCs a plus)
- SEC reporting experience required
- Alternative investment fund accounting experience required
- CPA preferred
- Strong internal financial controls awareness
- Committed, self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Expected annual base salary range:
$175,000 - $200,000
Actual base salary within that range will be determined by several components including but not limited to the individual’s experience, skills, qualifications and job location. For roles located outside of the US, please disregard the posted salary bands as these roles will follow a separate compensation process based on local market comparables.
Additional compensation: Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with the advertised role.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.