Business Finance, Intern (Jan-Jun 2024)
The Business Finance Asia team focuses on transaction execution, post-deal financial operations, and special projects/portfolio improvements. Transaction execution and post-deal financial operations consists of finance support to deal team and asset management team on investment acquisition, ongoing management of investments, and disposition of investments.
The Business Finance team is looking for a 6-month Finance intern to join in 2024, who can commit to full-time employment from January to June 2024.
The candidate will gain a broad exposure while working closely with the Real Estate, Private Equity and Tactical Opportunities Groups’ acquisition, asset management, finance and other support teams on deal execution, reporting, and financial operations and management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with Investment, Legal, and, Tax team members on deal execution
- Arrange and coordinate on funding matters in relation to acquisitions, ongoing investments, and disposals
- Review and provide input on transaction documents including due diligence reports, term sheets, and SPAs
- Assist with quarterly reporting of investments, such as cash analysis and net asset value reporting
- Liaise with service providers to ensure timely delivery of reporting deliverables and other requests
- Assist with projects and process improvement initiatives
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- A commitment to excellence in delivering the highest level work product
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and to handle multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work effectively both individually as well as part of a team; self-starter attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, particularly pivot table
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in English)
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills across all levels
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under time constraints
To be considered for the 2024 Off-cycle Intern Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or master student
- Undergraduate in their second or third year of study in a 4-year degree program or Master student in their penultimate year of study
- Commit to working full time for the entire duration of the internship
- Degree major in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
Application deadline: October 31, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis, early applications are strongly encouraged.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.