Corporate Accounting, Intern (Jan-Jun 2024)
Blackstone’s global Treasury group is responsible for the daily cash management/liquidity, accounting, reporting, bank account maintenance, foreign exchange execution support for all the businesses in the region. Globally, Treasury oversees an investment portfolio comprised of not only vanilla money market type instruments but also complex fixed income and credit-oriented products as well as derivative instruments. As Blackstone has grown in international markets Treasury has expanded internationally including building a fully functional APAC Treasury centre (Blackstone Treasury Asia or “BTA”) based in Singapore. BTA manages proprietary investments in Singapore and acts as a regional Treasury centre for Blackstone’s other Asian affiliates providing relevant Treasury solutions to such affiliates.
Blackstone Singapore Investment Fund Manager:
Blackstone Singapore Pte. Ltd (“BSPL”) provides investment advisory and sub-advisory services, investment management and other related services. BSPL currently has approximately $18 billion assets under management, which includes funds focused on Real Estate and Private Equity. BSPL is a regulated entity, it holds a Capital Markets Services Licence from the Monetary Authority of Singapore to carry out the regulated activities of dealing in capital market products and fund management.
The Corporate Accounting & Financial Reporting team is looking for a full time 6-month Financial Accounting intern to join in 2024, who can commit from January to June 2024.
The candidate will gain a broad exposure to both BTA and BSPL and an opportunity to work closely with individuals across various teams.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with other offices in New York, Hong Kong, and other Asia offices
- Assisting the finance team in their day to day responsibilities which ranges from booking of accounting entries, reconciliations, analysis of foreign currency exposure, intercompany settlements, GST returns, regulatory reporting and regulatory surveys
- Management and ad-hoc reporting – preparation of various internal and external reporting via Excel and PowerPoint
- Assist in technology and process improvement initiatives for finance team
- Other ad-hoc tasks and projects
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, particularly pivot table and basic formulas
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to analyze and consolidate large volumes of data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in English)
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills across all levels
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under time constraints
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Undergraduate in their second or third year of study in a 4-year degree program; or 1st or 2nd year of study with 2 years study at Polytech Institutions
- Major in Accounting or Finance
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
Application deadline: September 30, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis, early applications are strongly encouraged.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.