Finance – Investment Operations – Private Equity – Assistant Vice President
The Private Equity Finance – Operations group is responsible for all aspects of fund management and investment operations related to Blackstone’s private equity funds. Additionally, the group supports the private equity deal teams and internal marketing groups.
Looking for candidates with specific interest in:
- Investment Fund Management
- Fund Liquidity Management and Forecasting
- Technology & Process Improvement
- Process & Project Management
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with deal teams/fund counsel/tax advisors and portfolio company (“PC”) management on investment transactions and support
- Manage and forecast credit facility usage including subscription credit facilities and NAV based credit facilities
- Manage capacity on the funds’ credit lines as well as borrowing base compliance/covenants
- Forecasting PC cash-flow and fund capital call needs
- Reading and interpreting LPAs
- Work with technology team to improve automation/reporting of manual processes
- Managing responsibilities and assignments delegated to the junior NY and offshore teams
- Monitor fund LPA limitations and deal certificate compliance
- Liase with counterparts (internal and external) on KYC/AML related inquiries including fund and investment structure charts
- Liaise with the fund accountants on deal transaction data
- Assist with special projects and internal ad hoc requests as needed
Ideal candidate would have a commitment to excellence in their work product, strong time management skills, and a desire to learn.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Experience with Capital Markets and Credit Facility management
- 6+ Years of public accounting, private equity fund accounting, or private equity fund operations experience
- Willing to travel to New York periodically
- Strong technical modeling skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a dynamic professional environment and handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively across multiple levels, functions and regions
- Effectively work and communicate with members of the team to ensure established deadlines are being met in an efficient, accurate and thorough manner
- Desire to implement process improvement opportunities
- A self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) required
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Expected annual base salary range:
$115,000 - $170,000
Actual base salary within that range will be determined by several components including but not limited to the individual’s experience, skills, qualifications and job location. For roles located outside of the US, please disregard the posted salary bands as these roles will follow a separate compensation process based on local market comparables.
Additional compensation: Base salary does not include other forms of compensation or benefits offered in connection with the advertised role.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.