International Finance, Analyst
Employer: Blackstone Position: Full-time
Job Title: Analyst Location: London
Business Unit: International Finance – EMEA Finance
Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $1 trillion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on?private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis.
The Firm is looking to recruit an Analyst to join the finance team responsible for a number of our European funds. The Analyst will be an integral member of the team in London and will report to the Vice President leading the London Fund Finance team.
The Analyst will be involved in all elements of the Finance team and key responsibilities will include:
- Fund accounting and administration: work directly with internal and external teams to strike monthly NAVs and validate corporate level activity, including but not limited to, monthly subscription and redemption activity, distributions, promote calculations, management fee calculations, NAV allocations, liquidity forecasting and corporate G&A
- Liquidity Management / Investor transactions: actively monitoring the liquidity of the entire fund structure including supporting treasury operations for monthly investor subscriptions, redemptions and distributions; liaising with stakeholders to ensure sufficient cash is available when and where required; coordinate with the appointed service providers to monitor funds available for distribution to support the fund’s distribution policy
- FP&A: Analyse complex financial information to provide meaningful, accurate, and timely financial performance reporting to the board and other senior stakeholders for decision making purposes
- Financial Reporting: manage the delivery of yearly and half yearly financial statements in accordance with IFRS/local GAAP and local regulatory requirements and provide financial information to the Fund boards and other senior stakeholders
- Valuations: Supporting the Valuation team to ensure appropriate and accurate accounting adjustments are made in determining the Fund level NAV
- Annual and interim financial statements: assist with external audits including coordinating with appointed service providers, Blackstone management and the external auditor; review financial information and disclosures included in financial statements
- Tax compliance: working with internal Tax teams and advisors to ensure Fund level compliance and investor reporting needs are met
- Assisting with ad hoc technical accounting matters and other projects throughout the year
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree and ACA qualified (or equivalent accounting qualification)
- Prior experience in private equity funds and/or asset management sectors an advantage
- Excellent analytical and financial skills with strong attention to detail
- Capable user of Excel and PowerPoint
- Confident to build relationships and work collaboratively on cross function / geographic deliverables
- Able to work and problem solve independently, to organize workload and prioritise and complete tasks on time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and execute a wide range of assignments
- Willingness to learn, take on additional projects and support others in the department outside their direct responsibilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by law.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.