Investment Analysts – Intern/Student worker
Would you be highly motivated by supporting the build out of venture capital investment operations from our Copenhagen office? Would you thrive in an entrepreneurial culture and a dynamic environment, where intellectual curiosity, rigorous analysis, creative problem solving, a collaborative spirit, and a willingness to express individual opinion are highly valued? If so, you might be one of our two Investment Analysts.
As important members of our team, Investment Analysts will spend time on deliverables to case leads within the case sourcing/investment/value-add processes as well deliverables to our lead on fundraising. Candidates must therefore demonstrate strong skills within project management, critical thinking, communication and administration.
A bit about Dreamcraft Ventures:
We are a Copenhagen-based venture capital manager investing in early-stage, tech-driven startups, primarily at seed stage in the Nordics and Germany, where we have a solid brand and network.
The founders of Dreamcraft are also the founders as well still the dreamer (CEO) and crafter (COO) of what is now a +1bn USD global and listed company.
Inspired by their journey, mission and DNA, we are hands-on venture engineers supporting similar teams through engagements that go deeper than just advice, guided by our core values:
- Progressive e.g. in the way we build companies.
- Proper e.g. in the way we make investment decisions.
- Down to earth e.g. in the way we engage founders and other stakeholders.
Main responsibilities of the role:
As Investment Analysts, your main tasks will be to support case leads with:
- Case sourcing e.g. by conducting research and analysis on trends, creating marketing and PR content for various channels and identifying quality case sources and cases
- Case investment e.g. by conducting pre-screening of inbound cases, preparing screening meetings with founders and validation meetings with experts, conducting market and financial analysis, preparing slides and investment memos for Investment Committee Meetings and conducting due diligence
- Case value-add e.g. by preparing workshops with founders and board meetings, collecting reports from founders and preparing reports to our investors
You will also support our lead on fundraising e.g. by preparing documentation for our data room and managing this, coordinating investor meetings and preparing presentations for investor meetings.
Since you will be involved in a variety of tasks, you must be a fast learner and good at structuring your time. You work independently and with a can-do attitude, and you take responsibility for your own tasks in alignment with the team.
We imagine that you:
- Are currently studying for your bachelor or master’s degree within e.g. finance, business administration, international business, STEM subject (especially computer science), entrepreneurship or another relevant field
- Have experience (internships or student job) from venture capital, private equity, investment banking, management consulting or start-ups/scale-ups
- Are a super user of Microsoft Office suite
- Take pride in delivering high quality, meet deadlines and follow tasks through to completion
- Are passionate about entrepreneurship, technology and business
The Analyst role will be filled by either a student worker or an Intern as we are open to both set-up.
If a student worker you will be employed for 15-25 hours per week and the scheduling of working hours is flexible and will be adjusted according to your study program and exam periods.
We will review applications and conduct interviews on an on-going basis, so don’t wait to apply. Start date no later than 01 October 2023