Flyover Capital is seeking an exceptional full-time Analyst to become a member of the team and work to further our mission of creating the next generation of technology success stories in the region. We are an entrepreneurial-minded firm, dedicated to serving entrepreneurs, especially in underserved markets.
While Flyover offers a flexible work environment, associates are expected to live in the Kansas City area and work primarily from Flyover’s office in Kansas City.
The Analyst role is ideal for individuals with 2-3 years of experience, a deep curiosity and inquisitiveness, and an enthusiasm for serving technology entrepreneurs. Candidates should relish the opportunity to learn, problem solve and forge new and improved processes with limited direction. Financial analysis and/or modeling experience is essential. Experience within venture capital, private equity, corporate finance, or a technology startup is desired but not required.
- Assist the deal-making process including due diligence and quantitative financial support for potential investments with activities ranging from financial modeling to testing products to customer validation.
- Conduct analysis and deliver presentations of market research on industry verticals, competitive landscape, and technology trends to identify patterns, opportunities, and gaps.
- Support Flyover Capital portfolio companies including but not limited to research projects and competitive analysis.
- Assist the Flyover Capital team with research, writing investment memos, preparing marketing collateral and assembling reports for our investors.
- Coordinate outreach to target investments and optimize dealflow processes. May conduct initial diligence calls.
- Design and execute self-directed projects that help Flyover Capital and/or our portfolio companies.
- Represent Flyover Capital in a manner consistent with the firm’s values and in a way that enhances the brand.
- Intellectual curiosity and sense of ownership to delve into new technology and markets with minimal guidance.
- Ability to thrive in a small, entrepreneurial, and empowered work environment.
- Expressed desire to create a lasting impact on the technology landscape, supporting underserved and undervalued dimensions of the market.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative, analytical, and research skills; ability to ramp quickly on subject matter and synthesize salient information into succinct verbal and written communication.
- Proficient in financial modeling in Excel
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree or MBA
- Previous experience and knowledge of finance and technology acquired through working at a tech startup, consulting firm, accounting firm, investment bank, and/or other venture capital/private equity firm.
- Experience or familiarity with programming languages and web technologies.
- Familiarity with venture capital financing structures and practices, e.g., convertible debt and equity.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with entrepreneurs and investor groups from diverse backgrounds.
We welcome your interest in being a part of the Flyover Capital team. Flyover offers an innovative and stimulating place to work with camaraderie and teamwork. We have a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial culture that respects people and values talent, experience, and ambition.