Analyst, Portfolio Human Capital
General Atlantic is a leading global growth equity firm with more than four decades of experience providing capital and strategic support for over 495 growth companies throughout its history. Established in 1980 to partner with visionary entrepreneurs and deliver lasting impact, the firm combines a collaborative global approach, sector specific expertise, a long-term investment horizon and a deep understanding of growth drivers to partner with great entrepreneurs and management teams to scale innovative businesses around the world. General Atlantic has over $72.6 billion in assets under management inclusive of all products as of September 30, 2022, and more than 220 investment professionals based in New York, Amsterdam, Beijing, Hong Kong, Jakarta, London, Mexico City, Miami, Mumbai, Munich, San Francisco, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Stamford and Tel Aviv. For more information on General Atlantic, please visit: www.generalatlantic.com.
Scope of Responsibility / Profile
The firm is seeking an Analyst to join the Global Portfolio Human Capital team, based in our London office and reporting to the Operating Partner. The Portfolio Human Capital team works directly with General Atlantic’s Portfolio Companies on various strategic and growth initiatives as it relates to their talent agenda. This individuals primary responsibilities will include:
1. Lead research efforts to support C-suite staffing across GA’s portfolio companies including identifying, sourcing, and qualifying senior executives.
- Drive research efforts for key searches being run by the Human Capital team. Specifically, own and drive research efforts to build a pipeline of qualified prospective candidates while leveraging GA’s Talent Bank.
- Analyze and quickly breakdown new industries, market segments and competitive landscapes to better understand the talent ecosystem in support of our future company needs.
- Gain an understanding of the functional breakdown and roles within various executive structures, and serve as an expert to the team on the markets/talent pools researched.
- Develop and utilize best practice, global tools, and capabilities (i.e., Scorecards, Interview Guides, and Competency Models), when conducting research/search efforts. Deliver high quality research material to support search efforts.
- Where external search firms are engaged, work closely with GA Operating Professionals to support and coordinate the search process including executive search firm screening, development of spec/scorecards, preliminary screening interviews, and collating/analyzing feedback from candidate interviews.
2. Build, maintain and drive the development and utilization of the GA Talent Bank globally
- Support proactive research and networking efforts to ensure a continuous flow of high quality, ‘fit for purpose’ talent is being introduced to our portfolio companies and investment professionals.
- Develop strong working knowledge of our candidate tracking platform and work with vendor(s) to deliver necessary improvements. Ensure data is accurately captured and stored in compliance with GDPR.
- Work closely with the GA Network team to support investment professionals with prospect, expert and/or candidate requests.
- Be the driver of continuous process and technology improvements in support of our Global Human Capital strategy.
3. Lead People Analytics & Reporting for the Global Human Capital team.
- Ensure all search activity; management assessments and GA Network Placements are tracked appropriately and shared on a monthly and quarterly basis when appropriate.
- Track and report on recruiting metrics for portfolio companies (including source of talent, diversity of prospects/placements, functional experience/geography, diversity and time to close), and maintain current action items for each active search process.
- Capture and report on all critical HR data and performance metrics for talent bank prospects, including diversity of candidates (e.g. demographic, functional experience, geography etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 years of research, HR or executive search firm experience or relevant intern experience
- Must bring ability to engage with external clients/candidates in the market, and capable of producing high quality documentation (position specs, status reports, candidate reports).
- Highly analytical coupled with strong intuition; able to think and react quickly.
- Strong project management skills – time management, pattern recognition, prioritization and strong judgement are critical. Ability to work well under pressure without compromising quality.
- Strong attention to detail, exceptional follow through and consistently delivers results.
- Ability to work independently and proactively in a high performing global organization. Highly collaborative and capable of working effectively cross functionally.
- Demonstrated maturity and professional presence; comfortable interacting with senior execs.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly motivated, inquisitive, and positive can-do attitude
General Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical??? condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or ?expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
By completing this application, you are consenting to General Atlantic’s processing and use of your personal data.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements: To protect the health and safety of our employees, General Atlantic requires all employees in our U.S. offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their date of hire, and considers reasonable accommodation requests as required by law