Associate, Capital Partnering
General Atlantic is a leading global growth equity firm with more than four decades of experience providing capital and strategic support for over 495 growth companies throughout its history. Established in 1980 to partner with visionary entrepreneurs and deliver lasting impact, the firm combines a collaborative global approach, sector specific expertise, a long-term investment horizon and a deep understanding of growth drivers to partner with great entrepreneurs and management teams to scale innovative businesses around the world. General Atlantic has over $72.6 billion in assets under management inclusive of all products as of September 30, 2022, and more than 220 investment professionals based in New York, Amsterdam, Beijing, Hong Kong, Jakarta, London, Mexico City, Miami, Mumbai, Munich, San Francisco, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Stamford and Tel Aviv. For more information on General Atlantic, please visit: www.generalatlantic.com.
General Atlantic is looking for a high caliber Capital Partnering Associate to support the firm’s investor relations and fundraising processes. The candidate will be based in New York and work closely with members of the global Capital Partnering team based in Hong Kong, London, and San Francisco. The candidate will collaborate with other professionals across the Firm, including the investment team, legal, finance and accounting and marketing. This position will report directly to the Managing Director of Capital Partnering.
Capital Partnering Overview
General Atlantic’s Capital Partnering team is focused on marketing the Firm’s global investment strategies to institutional limited partners worldwide. The Capital Partnering team manages all aspects of the fundraising process including creating and leading the execution of specific marketing plans, developing marketing materials, and building relationships with both current and new investors.
The candidate will have a diverse set of investor relations and fundraising responsibilities, including:
- Project management: Prepare marketing materials and refine messaging throughout fundraising processes
- Product development: Develop effective marketing and fundraising strategies for the firm’s new investment products
- Diligence assistance: Respond to investor requests and prepare team for investor due diligence meetings
- Investor prospecting: Research and identify new potential investors for the firm’s investment products
- Investor servicing: Support relationships with existing investors across all aspects of client service, including portfolio updates and investor requests
- Distribution support: Assist Capital Partnering coverage officers in preparing for investor meetings by researching investor backgrounds and assessing fit for the firm’s investment products
- Undergraduate degree
- 2+ years of experience in alternative asset fundraising, investment banking, consulting, or financial services
- Strong interpersonal skills; proactive team contributor
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, adept with financial data and ability to summarize into digestible facts
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and ability to craft narratives in presentation format
- High attention to detail
- A high level of professional maturity and a solid work ethic
- An ability to fit into a cohesive team and highly demanding work environment.
General Atlantic offers a robust reward program to all employees that will support you and your family, maintaining fulfilling, secure and healthy lives now and into the future, which includes but is not limited to medical insurance, retirement savings contributions, mental and physical health resources and an equal pay program that allows you to earn a base salary of $120,000-$155,000 of which the exact amount offered will be driven by the degree to which you meet role requirements, additional special skills and experience. Additional reward programs, such as annual discretionary bonuses and long-term incentive programs, are available for eligible employees and are offered as recognition for performance and one’s contributions towards the organization’s success.