2024 Summer MBA Intern
Position: Summer MBA Intern
Financial Services & Technology
Strategic Growth Fund
Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: Summer 2024, 10 weeks
GTCR is recruiting current first-year MBA students to join one of our hiring teams as a Summer MBA Intern. This is a hiring track for a full-time position in our Chicago or New York office location post-MBA.
Founded in 1980, GTCR is a leading private equity firm that pioneered The Leaders Strategy™ – finding and partnering with management leaders in core domains to identify, acquire and build market-leading companies through organic growth and strategic acquisitions. GTCR is focused on investing in transformative growth in companies in the Business & Consumer Services, Financial Services & Technology, Healthcare, and Technology, Media & Telecommunications sectors. Since its inception, GTCR has invested more than $25 billion in over 270 companies, and the firm currently manages over $35 billion in equity capital. GTCR is based in Chicago, New York, and West Palm Beach.
GTCR’s Summer MBA Intern position provides an immersive, hands-on experience through the valuation, due diligence, and deal execution processes, in addition to the best practices of portfolio company management. Working with investment professionals of all levels, learn how our private equity investment professionals identify, evaluate, and execute on new opportunities. With combined aspects of M&A investment banking and consulting operational focus, the internship program will give you the opportunity to expand on the skills you acquired from your prior private equity role to position you for a full-time position. You will have the opportunity to experience GTCR as our full-time professionals do, including how we collaborate, operate, develop, and network within our firm.
- Evaluate and execute on investment opportunities
- Conduct due diligence and develop detailed operating and financial models
- Develop investment theses to target new investment opportunities
- Analyze and help execute potential exit opportunities
- Mentor junior team members
- Currently an MBA candidate at an accredited university
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills including leveraged buyout modeling
- Excellent oral and written communication including presentation skills
- Professional maturity and interpersonal skills
- Passion for investing
- Previous experience in Private Equity, Investment Banking, Consulting, or other comparable role