2025 Private Equity Summer Analyst
Position: Private Equity Summer Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL
Eligibility: Current Sophomores (Class of 2026)
Duration: June to August (2025)
Founded in 1980, GTCR is a leading private equity firm that pioneered The Leaders Strategy™ – finding and partnering with management leaders in core domains to identify, acquire and build market-leading companies through organic growth and strategic acquisitions. GTCR is focused on investing in transformative growth in companies in the Business & Consumer Services, Financial Services & Technology, Healthcare, and Technology, Media & Telecommunications sectors. Since its inception, GTCR has invested more than $25 billion in over 270 companies, and the firm currently manages over $35 billion in equity capital. GTCR is based in Chicago, New York, and West Palm Beach.
Interns will have the opportunity to work on an investment team with one or more of our four industry sectors. As an intern, you will be involved in various aspects of the investment lifestyle, including, but not limited to:
- Financial and business analytics and modeling
- The investment diligence process
- Portfolio company monitoring
Each intern will work closely with a Senior Associate and will participate in the following types of activities:
- Conduct proactive market research on various industry sub-sectors, identifying priority acquisition targets and investment rationale
- Prepare public and private company profiles and other company and industry specific research with investment rationale and conclusions
- Portfolio company monitoring includes collecting and interpreting key performance indicator data
- Evaluate investment opportunities through company materials, detailed market analysis, business model analysis, competitive positioning, accounting review, financial modeling, LBO and valuation modeling, and other relevant investment due diligence
- Transaction execution alongside deal team members with exposure to all aspects including financing and capital structure, tax structure, legal documentation and more
Our Investment Teams
As a leading private equity firm, GTCR pioneered The Leaders Strategy™—finding and partnering with management leaders in core domains to identify, acquire and build market-leading companies through transformational acquisitions and organic growth.
- Business & Consumer Services (BCS): Business & Consumer Services pursues The Leaders Strategy™ across technology-based subscription services, facilities based & industrial services, insurance, risk & management services, packaging & special materials, distribution & logistics services, marketing & media services, people-based services, and educational services.
- Financial Services & Technology (FinTech): Financial Services & Technology pursues The Leaders Strategy™ by investing in technology, services, data, and distribution businesses across financial service end markets including asset management, banking, capital markets, insurance, payments, real estate, and specialty finance.
- Healthcare (HC): Healthcare pursues The Leaders Strategy™ across healthcare information technology, healthcare services, medical technology & services, life sciences, pharmaceutical & specialty chemicals, payors, and payor services.
- Strategic Growth Fund (SGF): Strategic Growth Fund focuses on the middle market with a dedicated team working together with our existing industry groups.
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT): Technology, Media & Telecommunications pursues The Leaders Strategy™ across software & online services, telecommunication & networks, data & information services, marketing technology & digital media, and government services, aerospace & defense.
- Minimum GPA: 3.7
- Prior experience interning with an investment bank or private equity firm is a plus
- Strong analytical skills, with an understanding of business and finance
- Superior judgment and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong presence and interpersonal skills
- Goal-oriented, demonstrating leadership attributes
- Team player with a selfless work ethic and a well-rounded personality
- Maturity, honesty, and integrity
- S Citizen or Permanent Resident