MBA Class of 2023, Private Equity Vice President
H.I.G. Capital is seeking outstanding individuals to join as Vice Presidents in its Private Equity funds. With a track record that spans nearly 25 years, H.I.G. Capital is one of the largest and most active private investment firms focused on the middle market with over $45 billion of capital under management and a longstanding track record of top decile returns. H.I.G.’s Private Equity funds focus on control investments in small- and mid-sized companies and Vice Presidents can expect substantial experience and direct involvement in value creation at portfolio companies. This is a partner track position for top performers.
Vice Presidents at H.I.G. Private Equity take a leading role in the evaluation, structuring, negotiation, and financing of our transactions as well as in the monitoring of portfolio companies. Our investment professionals work on a small deal team in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. They have constant interaction with senior members of the firm as well as the senior management of our portfolio companies. Vice Presidents have a significant level of responsibility from the outset of their career at H.I.G.
- Evaluate merits and risks of potential
- Lead and coordinate the diligence
- Oversee business
- Manage and provide leadership to
- Bring financing partners into
- Contribute to contract negotiations and
- Develop growth and value creating strategies as a Board
- Play significant role in sale
- Strong preference for candidates with prior private equity
- Will consider strong candidates that have a background in Investment Banking (preferably M&A or leveraged finance) or management consulting who have demonstrated an ability and enthusiasm to transition to private equity.
- Superior academic achievement at a top tier undergraduate and MBA program is
- Strong quantitative and qualitative business analysis skills and ability to provide oversight and guidance to Associates for financial modeling and business analysis.
- Outstanding interpersonal, leadership, and communication
H.I.G. Capital Private Equity Hiring Teams
Advantage (New York, San Francisco)
- Focused on stable, high-quality targets and growth buyouts in companies with $25-100m EBITDA
Global Tech Buyout (New York, San Francisco)
- Newly formed fund focused on controlled buyouts of growth-oriented, leading software and technology companies
Growth Equity (Boston, San Francisco)
- Targets small, growth-oriented, leveraged buyouts as well as majority and minority growth equity investments in companies with <$10m EBITDA
Infrastructure (New York)
- Newly formed fund focused on primarily controlled equity investments of $50-$250 million in value-add and core-plus infrastructure opportunities in the middle-market
LBO (Boston, Miami, San Francisco)
- Focused on more complex, lower middle market companies with $10-35m EBITDA
Middle Market (Miami, New York, San Francisco)
- Focused on more complex, upper middle market buyouts with $35m+ EBITDA
About H.I.G. Capital
H.I.G. is a leading global private equity investment firm with $45 billion of equity capital under management.* Based in Miami, and with offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Atlanta in the U.S., as well as international affiliate offices in London, Hamburg, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Bogotá, Mexico City and Rio de Janeiro, H.I.G. specializes in providing both debt and equity capital to small and mid-sized companies, utilizing a flexible and operationally focused/ value-added approach:
- I.G.’s equity funds invest in management buyouts, recapitalizations and corporate carve-outs of both profitable as well as underperforming manufacturing and service businesses.
- I.G.’s debt funds invest in senior, unitranche and junior debt financing to companies across the size spectrum, both on a primary (direct origination) basis, as well as in the secondary markets. H.I.G. is also a leading CLO manager, through its WhiteHorse family of vehicles, and manages a publicly traded BDC, WhiteHorse Finance.
- I.G.’s real estate funds invest in value-added properties, which can benefit from improved asset management practices.
Since its founding in 1993, H.I.G. has invested in and managed more than 200 companies worldwide. The firm’s current portfolio includes more than 100 companies with combined sales in excess of $30 billion. For more information, please refer to the H.I.G. website at www.higcapital.com.
* Based on total capital commitments managed by H.I.G. Capital and affiliates.