Investment Associate (pre-MBA)
Ironspring Ventures is searching for an Investment Associate to join our venture capital firm based in
Austin, Texas full time. This is an exciting role to contribute to a high-performing team and support a
growing portfolio. The Investment Associate position provides a great opportunity to gain the
knowledge, network, and training one needs to build a career in venture capital.
POSITION: Investment Associate (pre-MBA). This is a 2-year position.
LOCATION: Austin, Texas or remote
ABOUT IRONSPRING VENTURES: Ironspring Ventures is an early-stage, sector focused venture capital firm specializing in digital industrial innovation. Based in Austin, TX, the fund leads and co-leads early stage investments across four core focus areas: construction, manufacturing, transport & logistics, and alternative energy. Ironspring Ventures is committed to partnering with world-class founders who are changing the way we design, build, distribute, and operate across the industrial supply chain and adds
differentiated value through its network of premier industrial operating companies and subject matter experts.
• Evaluate potential investments in early-stage companies and produce detailed work products
through financial due diligence, market research, competitive analysis, and legal review
• Research emerging opportunity areas and support new thesis development
• Support Partners with portfolio company and internal fund projects as needed
• Represent Ironspring Ventures and broaden its network at industry events/conferences and
support the entrepreneurial ecosystem through active involvement
• Demonstrated academic and professional excellence in strategic analysis roles (i.e. investment
banking, consulting, venture capital, or buy-side experience)
• Demonstrated passion for early-stage startups, technology, and innovation
• Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience
• Legally qualified to work in the US
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Process-oriented thinker with an extraordinary attention to detail and execution
• Intellectually curious and comfortable with self-directed projects
• Strong team player with collaborative work style
• Unquestionable honesty, integrity, and transparency
Compensation is a competitive base salary and health benefits. This position is based in Austin, TX or remote (with frequent travel to Austin). We look forward to having the opportunity to learn more about you.