Analyst, Business Development (Fall 2024)
K1 Investment Management
K1 is seeking a Private Equity Business Development Analyst to join our expanding team in Manhattan Beach, CA. At the front lines of our success, Analysts identify and build relationships with executives at exceptional companies that are identified as investment candidates for the fund. Analysts develop an expansive knowledge of a variety of businesses and business models, as well as an intricate understanding of business fundamentals. Candidates are expected to have stellar written and verbal communication skills and a strong record of leadership accomplishments. We encourage applicants of all majors to apply. Most importantly, the right candidate will fit the values of K1 – Passion, Persistence, Humility, and Excellence.
- Identifying new flagship investments in B2B software by prospecting and driving relationships with executives across numerous vertical and horizontal technologies;
- Managing and driving strategic M&A opportunities for existing portfolio companies;
- Developing and executing on investment theses within enterprise software;
- Conducting proprietary market research within enterprise software;
- Expanding K1’s relationship network with key industry contacts;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated leadership ability;
- Initiative, professional ambition, team orientation;
- Creativity and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Excellent analytical and communications capabilities, organizational discipline, attention to detail;
- Strong work ethic and interest in learning about private equity and the enterprise software industry;
- Ability to build trust and support with senior executives as the face of K1;
- Bachelor’s degree – first generation college students are encouraged to apply.
- Unlimited PTO, plus holidays
- 401(k) plans & profit sharing
- Company and teamwide outings
- Volunteer opportunities and intramural K1 sports teams
- Electric vehicle stipend.
K1 is a Los Angeles-based private equity investor with over $13.5B in assets under management focusing on high-growth enterprise software companies globally. We seek to help dynamic businesses achieve successful outcomes by identifying and executing organic and acquisition-based growth opportunities that can position our companies as industry leaders. We typically invest alongside strong management teams that continue to guide their organizations on a day-to-day basis. As partners, we seek to provide meaningful strategic and financial support to help our companies reach their full potential. We look to help our portfolio companies navigate strategic opportunities such as executive recruitment, external financing, mergers and acquisitions, strategic sales, and public offerings.
As of the date of this posting, K1 Investment Management, LLC reasonably expects to pay $75,000 plus a competitive bonus structure for the position of Business Development Analyst.