Private Equity Analyst – Full Time (July 2024 Start Date)
K1 Investment Management
*July 2024 Start Date*
K1 is seeking a Private Equity Analyst to join the expanding Investment team for our office located in Manhattan Beach, CA. We are seeking a candidate with strong analytical and communication skills, the capacity to multi-task and the ability to work as part of a team.
The ideal candidate will be inquisitive and highly motivated, display initiative, work well under the direction of others and possess the ability to perform at a high level under pressure. The candidate will also be disciplined and of high integrity, adhering to K1’s core values of Passion, Persistence, Humility and Excellence.?
K1’s proprietary internal development program trains powerful investment professionals directly out of school or laterally from non-traditional backgrounds, giving applicants the opportunity to enter Private Equity without having to start in Investment Banking.
- As a private equity analyst, you will be the tip of the spear, leading our efforts to evaluate new investments and identify key investment levers to drive value creation initiatives post-close
- You will be meeting with senior executive team members, founder/CEOs, and third-party advisors as part of your day-to-day – representing K1 and developing your career as a software investor
- Your day-to-day will also include building dynamic financial models, running proprietary analyses, and reviewing company provided materials as part of cross-functional deal teams
- You will present potential investments to K1’s Investment Committee alongside deal team members
- You will collaborate with finance teams at portfolio companies to create quarterly and annual budgets
- You will coordinate data collection and diligence sessions with co-investors, lenders and other financing sources for potential future capital needs
- You will work collaboratively with deal teams, finance, accounting, legal and operations teams at K1
- Bachelor’s Degree (complete by July 2024) – first generation college students are encouraged to apply
- You have a strong academic career, regardless of subject matter
- You are adaptable, results-oriented, and have an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You have excellent analytical, strategic, and implementation skills
- You have 0-2 years experience
- You are proactive and high-energy with a hands-on approach to problem solving
- You are uncompromising attention to detail, work quality, ethics and integrity
- You adhere to K1’s core values
- Unlimited PTO, plus holidays
- 401(k) plans & Profit sharing
- Volunteer opportunities and intramural K1 sports teams
- Onsite catering with lunch served daily
- Company and team wide outings
- Electric vehicle reimbursement
K1 is a Los Angeles-based private equity investor focusing on high-growth enterprise software companies globally. K1 builds category leading enterprise software companies. As a global investment firm, K1 assists high-growth businesses to achieve successful outcomes. K1 invests alongside strong management teams that continue to guide their organizations on a day-to-day basis.? K1 changes industry landscapes by assisting with operationally focused growth strategies. Since inception of the firm, K1 has partnered with over 200 enterprise software companies.
As of the date of this posting, K1 Investment Management, LLC reasonably expects to pay $75,000 plus benefits and a competitive bonus for the position of Private Equity Analyst.