Private Equity – Business Development Summer Intern (2024)
K1 Investment Management
Do you have a passion for learning about various business models and understanding what separates strong performing companies from weak ones? Have you ever envisioned yourself identifying the next category-leading business? Do you get energized by discussing strategy and growth levers with upper management?
K1 is seeking a Private Equity Business Development Intern for our Manhattan Beach Office. Interns will learn the ins and outs of what makes an interesting investment prospect and will have the opportunity to work closely alongside senior team members. Interns will develop an expansive knowledge of various business models and the fundamentals of Private Equity business analysis. We encourage applicants of all majors to apply. At the conclusion of the internship program, top performers may be eligible to receive full-time offers to join the Business Development team.
- Support and shadow day-to-day Business Development operations;
- Work within our proprietary systems to assist with data uploading and cleanliness;
- Shadow calls with management and assist in company analysis;
- Participate in direct outreach to target companies;
- Support current team members in various responsibilities, as assigned.
- High intellectual curiosity and strong people skills;
- Self-starter; ambitious; team-oriented;
- Exemplary communication and relationship skills (verbal and written);
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a positive attitude;
- Junior-level standing from all majors, preferred (first generation college students are encouraged to apply).
- Opportunity for full-time offer at the end of the internship.
- Lunch provided in-office every day.
K1 is a leading investment firm focusing on high-growth enterprise software companies globally. K1 seeks to help dynamic businesses achieve successful outcomes by identifying and executing organic and acquisition-based growth opportunities that position its companies as industry leaders. K1 typically invests alongside strong management teams that continue to guide their organizations on a day-to-day basis. The firm’s investments vary in the level of ownership to meet the needs of entrepreneurs and managers. Since inception, K1 has partnered with over 220 enterprise software companies. For more information about K1, visit our website: k1im.com.
As of the date of this posting, K1 Investment Management, LLC reasonably expects to pay $30/hour for the position of Intern, Business Development.