2024 MBA Internship Program – Energy Real Assets
KKR & Co. Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management and capital markets and insurance solutions. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and supporting growth in its portfolio companies and communities. KKR sponsors investment funds that invest in private equity, credit and real assets and has strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR’s insurance subsidiaries offer retirement, life and reinsurance products under the management of The Global Atlantic Financial Group.
KKR 2024 MBA Internship Program – Energy Real Assets
KKR is seeking current 1st-year MBA students (graduation date: Spring 2025) for our 2024 MBA Internship Program and to be an active part of a team-oriented environment. The internship is 10-weeks in length and will take place in our Houston office. Following the conclusion of the internship, 2025 full-time offers may be extended to exceptional performers.
Energy Real Assets
KKR’s Energy Real Assets (“ERA”) group executes a private equity investing strategy and operational approach within the traditional Energy sector, focused on cash-flowing assets. The ERA team manages multiple investment vehicles, but is primarily focused today on investing out of its public perpetual capital vehicle, Crescent Energy (NYSE: CRGY). The team has been a very active player in the market, deploying more than $5BN since 2020 and evaluating investments across the Energy sector with a focus on exploration & production, minerals & royalties, midstream and energy adjacent industries.
This individual will be integrally involved with all aspects of the investment process, including: sourcing and evaluating potential investments; performing due diligence; structuring and closing transactions; monitoring performance at portfolio companies; exiting investments; and interacting with management teams and the firm’s investors.
Position Description and Responsibilities
- Identifying attractive investment themes and opportunities
- Gathering and synthesizing industry and market data
- Extensive analysis on potential investments, including in-depth financial modeling in Microsoft Excel
- Managing the due diligence process, including overseeing commercial, accounting, tax, and legal diligence advisors
- Assisting with the development of and monitoring operational initiatives within portfolio companies
- Monitoring and reporting on portfolio company performance
- Drafting and presenting oral and written materials to management and investors
- Building relationships within the firm and with management teams, as well as with external advisors and industry experts
Primary Qualifications and Skills
- Current 1st-year MBA student with anticipated graduation date of Spring 2025
- Prior experience in investment banking and/or the energy sector is preferred
- Candidates must embody KKR’s core values, in particular: unquestioned integrity, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to teamwork and excellence.
- Ideal candidates will have a genuine enthusiasm and curiosity for investing, a strong understanding of fundamental business analysis, and an outstanding academic record.
- Deadline to apply is December 3rd — 11:59pm ET
- You can submit a maximum of 2 applications
KKR is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable law