2024 Private Equity Intern
KKR & Co. Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management and capital markets and insurance solutions. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and supporting growth in its portfolio companies and communities. KKR sponsors investment funds that invest in private equity, credit and real assets and has strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR’s insurance subsidiaries offer retirement, life and reinsurance products under the management of The Global Atlantic Financial Group.
KKR PRIVATE EQUITY
With more than $165 billion in assets under management, private equity represents the origin of KKR’s 46-year-long history. Based on experience from hundreds of transactions, we constantly strive to identify great businesses and help them unlock the next stage of development. In doing so, our highest priority is to create value for all stakeholders, including our investors and our company’s employees and customers.
A Private Equity Intern in our Frankfurt office will engage in all aspects of the private equity investment process, including: sourcing and evaluating potential investments, presenting opportunities to the broader team, performing due diligence, and implementing value creation opportunities at portfolio companies.
As we generally operate in small teams, interns will play an integral role and obtain significant responsibility from Day 1. As such, the Program is the ideal environment for our Interns to develop a well-rounded investment understanding, supported by a dedicated training and mentorship offering.
The internship will also provide a great opportunity to liaise with teams across all business units of KKR and external market participants (e.g. bankers, advisers).
- Conduct commercial, operational, and other analyses to assist in making investment decisions
- Perform financial analysis and modelling to assess valuation of companies
- Assist with execution of transactions
- Drive thematic and industry research
- Draft of decision papers for internal discussions
- Work alongside portfolio companies and operating partners
In addition to strong academic and extra-curricular achievements, we are looking for candidates with a natural curiosity and eagerness to learn, a genuine interest in businesses and investing as well as commitment to teamwork and strong cultural fit.
Prior relevant experience, for example in the form of internships, is beneficial for the selection process.
To be considered for the internship program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or masters student
- Must be fluent in German
- Available to intern for a minimum of 3 months (flexible start date throughout 2024)
- Available to work on-site in Frankfurt for most days of the week
- Available to start working full-time within 12 months after the end of the internship
- CV must be in PDF and include expected graduation month/year and relevant grades (incl. Abitur/High School)