KKR Capstone Associate – Tech Growth
KKR & Co. Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management and capital markets and insurance solutions. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and supporting growth in its portfolio companies and communities. KKR sponsors investment funds that invest in private equity, credit and real assets and has strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR’s insurance subsidiaries offer retirement, life and reinsurance products under the management of The Global Atlantic Financial Group.
KKR Capstone is KKR’s operations group and a unique “CEO University” for executives. KKR Capstone’s mission is to deliver exceptional returns on KKR’s investments by partnering with management teams to drive value in KKR portfolio companies, as well as integrating within deal teams to select the right assets. At portfolio companies, KKR Capstone drives the most important operational issues on the CEO and Board of Directors’ agendas, including top-line growth, cost optimization, organizational structure and capability, capital investment, and strategic M&A initiatives. During due diligence, KKR Capstone joins deal teams in evaluating potential acquisitions, including weighing in on crucial operational issues and value creation levers, assessing the target company’s market, and understanding the strength of the company’s position in the industry.
On a day-to-day basis, KKR Capstone executives interact with a broad range of company personnel including the Board, C-suite and line-level operators. The majority of KKR Capstone team members have previous experience in management consulting. While our executives heavily leverage the skills and experience gained in consulting, they spend the bulk of their time identifying, rapidly prototyping, and implementing operational improvement initiatives (i.e. less time doing PowerPoint, more time dealing with real general management challenges and executing real initiatives).
KKR Capstone provides a unique opportunity for high-performing candidates to drive real operating change and value creation in a private equity environment, gaining valuable experience as general managers. KKR Capstone executives are expected to take ownership of key priorities and initiatives at the portfolio company, are held accountable for individual results, and are typically the primary agents of change within the organization. Over time, team members can rise within KKR Capstone, transition into opportunities within the broader KKR firm, or take senior operating roles inside or outside the KKR portfolio. Due to the unique hands-on operating experience that KKR Capstone executives gain, ~70% of alums who have left the team in the past decade are now C-suite execs, and more than 1/3 are CEOs.
This unique Operating Executive role will be dedicated to KKR’s Technology Growth Equity (Next Generation Technology) strategy. They will be based in either New York or San Francisco.
- Partner with portfolio company management teams to execute on dedicated value creation initiatives including strategic quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Refine and develop management playbooks for high-value operational initiatives (e.g., pricing and packaging refreshes, salesforce effectiveness, gross margin improvements, etc.)
- Drive cross-portfolio programs across KKR’s Technology Growth platform including portfolio & network cross-sell initiatives, vendor management, community events, and portfolio talent
- Collaborate with investment teams on new investment sourcing and due diligence efforts
QUALIFACTIONS AND SKILLS
- Genuine enthusiasm and curiosity for growth-stage technology businesses
- Strong understanding of fundamental business analysis
- Outstanding professional and academic performance record (e.g., top tier performance ratings, early promotions, top class rankings)
- Proactive and strategic thinking skills with demonstrated ability to gather data and perform advanced quantitative analyses (primarily in Excel with larger data set analysis in Alteryx, Tableau, etc.)
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to take initiative, resolve issues, and deliver results through superior “customer service” skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written (clear & concise emails and PowerPoint verbiage), to collaborate with company executives and investment professionals across all levels in a clear and professional manner
- Unquestioned integrity, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to teamwork and excellence, as well as adherence to all KKR core values
- 2 – 4 years of experience in software/technology roles in management consulting, growth equity/venture capital, or in industry (business operations, strategy, revenue operations, etc.)
KKR is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable law.