KKR Europe Real Estate Internship – 2024
KKR & Co. Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management and capital markets and insurance solutions. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and supporting growth in its portfolio companies and communities. KKR sponsors investment funds that invest in private equity, credit and real assets and has strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR’s insurance subsidiaries offer retirement, life and reinsurance products under the management of The Global Atlantic Financial Group.
KKR Real Estate – Internship Overview
KKR is a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management and capital markets and insurance solutions. With offices in over 23 cities across 4 continents, KKR sponsors investment funds that invest in private equity, credit and real assets and has strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR’s insurance subsidiaries offer retirement, life, and reinsurance products under the management of The Global Atlantic Financial Group.
As a firm we manage investments across multiple asset classes and as individuals we are encouraged to think creatively to solve problems, explore opportunities, take on new responsibilities and challenges, put our clients first and contribute to our communities. We often measure success over years, not quarters. We value integrity in all that we do, whether it’s presenting numbers accurately or being open and honest with a portfolio company executive. People want to do business with those they like and trust. It’s a mantra instilled in all of us from the top down.
At KKR, we believe that diverse teams increase performance and produce better results. Teams consisting of employees with varied backgrounds and perspectives will help strengthen our Firm and our investment decisions. Therefore, in an effort to enhance the diversity of our organization, we are particularly focused on recruiting talent that will bring different experiences, capabilities, skills and viewpoints to our organization.
Real Estate has been a part of the firm’s strategy since 1981 when we first began pursuing real estate opportunities through our private equity strategy. In 2011, we made a decision to form a dedicated real estate platform. As of June 30, 2023, our team consists of 150+ dedicated investment and asset management professionals across 11 countries, with more than ~$64 billion of assets under management (including proprietary investments).
Role and Responsibilities:
The Real Estate team is looking for motivated Interns to join the investment team in London for six months. An Internship with KKR will provide an intern with excellent private equity experience and outstanding learning opportunities. It will also provide great access to liaise with teams throughout KKR, senior management of companies and other external market participants (e.g. bankers, traders, advisers, private equity funds and other buyside investors).
The role will be varied, challenging and highly rewarding. Typical day to day responsibilities will involve the following:
– Excel modelling
– Drafting of memoranda for internal and external use
– Market research
– Development of presentations
– Performing various analyses to assist in making investment decisions
– Real estate and public company valuation analysis
– Assisting with due diligence and execution of transactions
– Assisting in management of data, existing investments and fund models
– Involvement with management of external parties such as operating partners and external service providers
– Preparation of quarterly investment valuations and investor reporting
Selection Criteria / Required Skills:
– Strong academic track record
– Interest in Real Estate
– Second European Language is preferred
– Strong financial modelling skills
– Positive and eager attitude with a willingness and curiosity to learn
– Ability to learn quickly, take initiative and demonstrate proactivity in approach to work
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Strong interpersonal skills with capacity to interact with all levels
– Dedicated team player with a strong sense of ownership
– Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging work environment making time management and work prioritization essential skills
Internship Start Date: January 2024 (first cycle) or June 2024 (second cycle)
Internship Duration: 6 months
Job Location: KKR, 18 Hanover Square, London, W1S 1TA
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00-6.00, flexibility required
Application Process: CV (one-page) and cover letter (one-page) are required. The CV (one-page) should indicate your earliest available start date. The cover letter should address your motivation for applying, reasons why you would be a good fit for the real estate team at KKR, and briefly elaborate on your interest in real estate.
Deadline for Applications: 31 October 2023 (early applications are encouraged as applications are reviewed on a rolling basis)
KKR is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable law.