Analyst/Associate, Investor Relations
LLR Partners is looking for a talented and motivated Analyst, Investor Relations to support our growing investor base. In this role, you will be a key member of our team responsible for all aspects of investor relations, including fundraising from institutional and family office investors, client relationship management, and investor marketing and communications. The Analyst, Investor Relations role is an ideal position for individuals interested in private equity fundraising and marketing, who can bring both a creative and analytical mindset to the role. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic firm, while having a compelling career with long term growth opportunities.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Investor Relations, you will be an integral member of the investor relations team. Key responsibilities include:
- Managing investor communications and events: Sample activities include leading LLR’s quarterly reporting, arranging content for the Annual Partners’ Meeting and Limited Partner Advisory Committee (LPAC) materials as well. Responsibilities also include aggregating fund-level and company-level updates from multiple internal stakeholders, data review and verification, and reviewing Word and PowerPoint files.
- Responding to investor requests: Completing investor data requests, including Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and answering ad hoc questions. Responsibilities include gathering and synthesizing information from internal and external sources, writing concise and persuasive responses, data review and verification, proofreading and editing Word and Excel files, and submitting responses, often under short deadlines.
- Supporting investor marketing: Maintaining accurate and compelling marketing collateral by updating data and creating content for investor presentations and data rooms.
- Managing investor database: Ensuring accurate and timely updates to our CRM by updating investor contact information, logging meeting notes and next steps, and compliance tracking.
- Completing ad hoc projects: Examples of ad hoc assignments include conducting market research, supporting co-investment diligence, and reporting on LLR’s Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) initiatives.
Skills and Requirements
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter and team player who can function in an entrepreneurial atmosphere with minimal supervision. Qualified candidates should also possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree (B.A., B.S., or B.B.A) with exceptional academic achievement. Marketing, communications, sales, or finance degrees preferred.
- 1-3+ years of experience at a financial services firm in a sales, marketing, business development, or communications role. Prior investor relations or private markets experience preferred.
- Mature, professional candidate who is a self-starter willing to accept a large amount of responsibility, prioritize multiple assignments, and meet tight deadlines.
- Intellectual curiosity, with a desire to ask questions, learn quickly, and find answers to complex requests.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and enthusiasm for the role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word. Experience with CRM systems and data room systems preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.