We are looking for an excellent professional with a keen interest in B2B software, venture capital, and entrepreneurship to help us invest in early-stage B2B technology companies across Europe. Following Matthew Syed’s thesis in Rebel Ideas, we want this person to bring diverse thinking to our team.
In your day-to-day you will develop investment themes and theses, work closely with our portfolio companies, represent our firm in the ecosystem, and collaborate with the other Nauta teams. We believe that joining Nauta is a recipe for career success. We will provide you with opportunities, responsibilities, mentorship, advice, and the pride of a job well done!
An important note on Diversity:
We believe that in the ever-changing world of technology a successful VC firm needs as much diverse thinking as possible. However, there is an obvious issue with diversity in venture capital. At Nauta, we actively and continuously look to enhance the diversity of our team in all dimensions. We are committed to forming a work environment where any talented people want to come and are able to perform at their best.
We are proud of our group of 20+ talented professionals from several nationalities and varied backgrounds. We have engineers, computer scientists, marketers, economists, physicists, mathematicians in our team (and even a surfer or two). We particularly encourage applications from groups underrepresented in the Venture Capital industry.
Who we are looking for:
- A curious mind and passion for innovation, technology, and software.
- Opinionated yet humble: in our business, we need to have opinions on things to be able to discuss them and make (or help make) decisions; at the same time, we must be open to alternative ideas so we should be humble enough to change our views.
- Smart and fast learner: VC is a fast and ever-changing industry and so are our investments; hence, we are looking for someone autonomous who constantly learns, adapts, and takes the initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills: investment opportunities are generated, won and supported in various ways, and human interaction is key; a VC investment professional must nurture a network of founders, VC peers, and angels to exchange insights and opportunities.
What you will do on your day-to-day:
- Source, screen and manage the deal flow of opportunities.
- Conduct due diligence; prepare investment memos, updates, and presentations.
- Evaluate and report on new technologies, markets, business models, and industry trends; develop investment theses.
- Support our portfolio companies in multiple ways: we are at the service of our founders’ vision!
- Represent Nauta Capital in the ecosystem.
- Application period: Until end of November 2023
- Role type: Permanent