NewSpring Capital is looking for an Associate to support its Healthcare strategy. In this position, you will play a critical role on our team of investment professionals who help to source new deals and manage our existing portfolio companies. You will provide support throughout the investment process and be involved in all aspects of the investment lifecycle including sourcing, underwriting and execution, monitoring and exiting. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with an interest in healthcare investing and working closely with management teams.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the execution of transactions across a wide range of industries, end markets, and business models
- Evaluate and analyze potential investment opportunities and structures
- Perform extensive due diligence including creating operating and returns models
- Generate investment memorandums and present directly to the Investment Committee
- Assist in portfolio management and monitoring with the opportunity to work directly with the C-level management teams of existing investments
- Perform market research including analyzing market size and segments and assessing competitive landscapes
- Help to prepare limited partner communications and valuation analyses
- Train and mentor junior investment team members
- Actively network and immerse self in the entrepreneurial business community to generate new opportunities
- Other ad-hoc projects as needed
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience with a strong preference for private equity, transaction services, or investment banking
- Passion for private equity with the desire to learn and be successful
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with the desire to always go one step further to find the answer
- Team player who is always willing to step in when needed and be a part of our tight knit culture
- Extremely detail oriented with a propensity for continuous improvement and learning from experiences
- Strong analytical capabilities and financial modeling skills. Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, ability to be proactive and responsive in high-pressure situations
- Record of strong academic performance from a leading undergraduate institution
- Strong knowledge of accounting and finance concepts
- Connection to the greater Philadelphia area is strongly preferred
About NewSpring Healthcare
NewSpring Healthcare is NewSpring’s dedicated healthcare strategy that partners with management teams to accelerate the success of differentiated healthcare companies, delivering capital for growth, recapitalizations, and mergers & acquisitions.
About NewSpring Capital
NewSpring partners with entrepreneurs to catalyze new growth and seize compelling opportunities, creating measurable value and success for our business owners and Limited Partners. We foster deep and enduring relationships, hold ourselves to the highest standards, and align our goals and values with entrepreneurs, investors, and employees in pursuit of excellence. We manage approximately $2.5 billion across five distinct strategies covering the spectrum from growth equity and control buyouts to mezzanine debt.
NewSpring’s Core Values
Drive for excellence
We believe in and value the significant responsibility we have as trusted stewards of investors’ capital and are relentless in our pursuit of quantifiable success. We set high expectations, consistently challenge the status quo, and thoroughly hold ourselves accountable to preserve the quality of our work.
Act with integrity
We act with integrity and conduct ourselves ethically under all circumstances. We operate with transparency and honesty, demonstrating our credibility to our employees, investors, and portfolio companies.
Empower the entrepreneur
We are passionate in our support of entrepreneurs and their vision. We embody the entrepreneurial spirit within our organization and believe innovative, entrepreneurial thinking can change the world.
Build and value relationships
We care about the people we work with in every constituency. Relationships are the lifeblood of our business. We listen and are tactful in our approach, focused on meaningful long-term connections.
Create and uphold alignment
We see our employees, investors, and portfolio companies as one team. We have a shared purpose and goal that we know is more attainable through mutual collaboration. We act as one firm across all strategies – a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.