Perot Jain L.P.
Perot Jain L.P. is a Dallas-based early-stage venture capital firm founded by Ross Perot Jr. and Anurag Jain in 2014. The firm provides early-stage capital and business expertise to companies developing transformative technologies. Perot Jain targets early-stage companies (Pre-Seed to Series A) with substantial growth opportunities. Geographically, the firm’s primary focus is the United States, with select investments in Estonia, Israel, India, and Portugal. To date, Perot Jain has made investments in over 80 companies and funds.
Anurag Jain is the Chairman and CEO of Access Healthcare Services, a healthcare IT and business process outsourcing provider. Earlier in his career, Jain was a Senior Executive with Dell Services and Perot Systems. Previously, he established multiple successful businesses, including Vision Healthsource, which he sold to Perot Systems in 2003.
Ross Perot Jr. is Chairman of The Perot Companies, which manages the various Perot family businesses and investments. He also is Chairman of Hillwood, one of the top real estate developers in the US. In addition, he was a Founder of Perot Systems Corporation, where he served as CEO from 2000 to 2004 and as Chairman from 2004 until Dell Inc. acquired the company in 2009.
Perot Jain L.P. is a venture capital investment firm led by an entrepreneurial management team. Employees are held to high-performance standards and are comfortable with vigorous debate and challenge, managing by results, applying analytical rigor to their decisions, and striving for excellence.
The Investment Principal will work as Perot Jain L.P.’s primary presence in the San Francisco Bay Area. This individual will be responsible for sourcing and performing due diligence on potential investments, including both quantitative and qualitative analysis. The selected candidate will formulate informed opinions on which opportunities warrant investment, submitting their recommendations to the firm’s Partners. Further, this individual will be responsible for actively engaging with Perot Jain’s portfolio companies on the West Coast, supporting them operationally, and being an investor that provides more than just capital.
- Contributes to the firm’s business development and deal origination
- Takes a lead role in processing new investment opportunities, performing the initial underwriting and pitching deals internally to Perot Jain L.P.’s senior team
- Works closely with outside advisors, including legal counsel, CPAs and other consultants, to assess business opportunities and risks
- Builds robust, flexible financial models to support deal underwriting and deal structuring efforts
- Performs ad-hoc analysis to support transaction negotiations
- Hands-on involvement in the management of portfolio companies, providing advice and access to resources to help them grow
- Develops/mentors other deal team members in advanced modeling and other aspects of investment transactions
- Maintains and further develops Perot Jain’s reputation on the West Coast, actively growing its investor, entrepreneur and professional networks
- Proven track record of leadership skills and a strong desire to work closely with entrepreneurs
- Superior financial modeling skills, comfortable with accounting and strong analytical skills
- Excels working in a highly entrepreneurial environment
- Focuses on logical/rational analysis vs. intuition
- Seeks immediate and practical solutions
- Works with team to solve problems
- Strong work ethic (achievement oriented)
- Comfortable with challenging discussions
- Receives and encourages feedback
- High-energy and proactive
- Outgoing personality, confident and self-assured
- Team player/builder – open and relates well to others
- Pragmatic, but involves others
- Sensitive to social issues/others
- Enthusiastic – shares content and emotions
- Sophisticated – understands context and how ideas are presented and framed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in defending views
- Excellent project management skills
- Leads by example with executive presence and maturity
- Trains and develops others
- Likes to “run lean” and is dedicated to achieving financial goals
- High level of integrity and credibility with demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline required; MBA or master’s degree from a top-tier school preferred, but not required
- 7+ years of investment experience with a venture capital or middle market private equity firm with a focus on the technology industry
- Expertise in supply chain, mobility, real estate, or government defense technologies preferred, but not required
- Significant experience managing deal processes
- Established network in the San Francisco Bay Area
Perot Jain is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.