Plug and Play
Plug and Play is the ultimate innovation platform, bringing together the best startups and the world’s largest corporations. We are on a mission to bring the benefits of Silicon Valley to all four corners of the world. Our vision is to make innovation open to anyone, anywhere.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. You will be part of the Plug and Play Detroit team – a dynamic team that is highly motivated to create impact in the mobility industry and beyond. An ideal candidate brings expertise in the mobility industry, passion for technologies, and understanding for how startups scale.
The Ventures Analyst role is a key entry level position on the Ventures Team. As such, you will work at the interface between our industry partners and startups. Analysts are responsible for sourcing relevant startups and supporting deal teams on new investments. Analysts also work with corporate partners on their technology needs and support overall program management.
Essential Job Functions:
Client Retention / Relationship Management
- Curate startup lists based on corporate partners’ identified technological needs within mobility and beyond (Mainly automotive OEM & tier-1 suppliers).
- Maintain relationships with industry partners.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings between startups and corporate partners.
Venture Program Management:
- Provide event production and logistical support for expo days, mentor sessions, mobility meetups, and other events as part of the accelerator.
- Support in building the local Detroit brand through connecting entrepreneurs with Michigan ecosystem, sourcing startups for local events, and connecting with the mobility community in the Mid-West.
- Source vertical-agnostic early-stage opportunities for investment.
- Attend calls or meetings with relevant companies & support deal team w/analyzing startup team strengths, market size, technology, and business model.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with local VCs, universities, corporations, etc.
- Actively network with startup founders at industry events and conferences.
Technical and Job level skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, economics, or related field preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively.
- Highly organized, shown to meet tight deadlines along with consistent accuracy and attention to detail.
Proficiency in Google Docs, MS Office, CRMs, project management tools, etc.
- Self-motivated and driven; proven to work independently, prioritize work, and achieve results.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives.
- Collaborative, diplomatic, and can cross-functionally partner with stakeholders across multiple offices.
- Experience in/comfort with a role with a degree of ambiguity, requiring proactive analysis and action.
- Strong desire to learn continually and grow professionally, driven to master the products they are supporting/offering.
What you’ll get:
- Be part of Plug and Play – the biggest and fastest growing startup innovation platform globally with locations worldwide such as Silicon Valley, Paris, London, Munich, Singapore, China, and Japan
- Be at the forefront of innovation and get access to groundbreaking technologies
- Be part of a dynamic, international, and open-minded team
- Get access to and communicate with leading international financial executives, startups, and investors
- You will work closely with our corporate partners daily and grow your network
- Work in a vibrant and unique working environment
- Contribute and realize your own ideas and have room for self-development