Propel is investing in founders creating “the new economy.” The financial services sector is the primary driver of many economies, and opportunities to enable, accelerate, deliver, and secure value exchange are immense and diverse. Propel invests primarily from Pre-Seed to Series A in the Americas with initial check sizes from $250k to $5M with follow-on capital much higher. Portfolio companies include Coinbase, Nomad, Neon, Guideline, Groww, SumUp, Newfront, and Safebooks. Propel is headquartered in the SF Bay Area with a workspace in Jackson Square.
The Investor role will primarily focus on sourcing and evaluating prospective investment opportunities. The role will report to the two Managing General Partners and will be based from Propel’s office in San Francisco. The best candidates for this role will have a relentless drive to source and build relationships with world-class entrepreneurs, have an endless desire to learn about new technologies, and be a team player that helps get any task done.
- Source and evaluate investment opportunities from Pre-Seed to Series A stage
- Assist with investment diligence – memos, references, competitive analysis, industry research
- Support portfolio companies with recruiting, fundraising, and customer prospecting
- Research emerging industries and develop investment theses to drive new investment activity
- Coordinate the investment closing process – legal, finance, compliance, etc.
- Maintain and develop internal tools for productivity and collaboration
- 2-4 years of demonstrated excellence and relevant work experience (e.g., VC firm, VC-funded startup, top-tier consulting firm, or investment bank); prior investment experience is preferred
- Network – ability to access high-quality founders/builders, develop relationships with industry leaders
- Lifelong learner – ongoing, self-motivated pursuit of knowledge; passionate follower of tech industry
- Communication – demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-Directed – proven ability to be self-directed and proactive while managing a number of projects
- Analytical – breaks down business models and thinks analytically about investment decisions
- Detail-Oriented – high level of attention to detail and pride in delivering exceptional work
- Teamwork – takes ownership in being part of a team and contributes to a strong culture
- Undergraduate degree with a track record of academic excellence
- Authorized to work in the US
- Working knowledge of venture capital investment terms
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese