Location: San Francisco
We’re looking for an Analyst to join our team of 6 investors. This is a 2 year role, which should give you rare insight into how great companies are built and how venture works – touching many parts of our business, and getting a look into thousands of startups.
Who We Are
We’re an early-stage venture capital firm based in San Francisco. We invest in enterprise software companies with a focus on AI, analytics and data, SaaS, infrastructure, marketing technology, and commerce. Past portfolio companies include Fastly (IPO), Braze (IPO), Discord (Unicorn), Krux (acquired by Salesforce), and others.
How We Work
We get involved at the early stages of company development (Pre-Seed, Seed and Series A), because that’s when we can affect a company’s trajectory. That, and we think it’s fun.
We work as a tight team, and have a close network of founders and top executives through our Ridge Revenue Network (including companies like H&M, Southwest, Coke, and Tesla). Since we’re such a small team, you’ll work directly with people who have backed multiple unicorns, raised billions of dollars, and have decades of venture experience. We also continuously refine our systems to understand the world, find the right teams, and make smart decisions about who to support for investment, and you’ll be a key part of this.
Your Role At Ridge
You’re fascinated by how venture works, love nerding out about companies, and are comfortable with data driven analysis. You want to see how venture works from the inside, and touch many parts of the business, from investing, to fundraising, to finance, and operations.
At Ridge, you will tackle the following:
- Apply rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis to understand which startups have potential, how to value them, and how to support building great companies
- Develop research, experiments, prototypes to help us identify new investments and build a strong firm over the long term
- Conduct innovative and proactive due diligence, research and analysis to ensure we make great investment decisions
- Develop new areas for us to invest in through sector or customer research
- Support our team in maintaining and extending great Investor Relations and identifying new potential investors in Ridge
- Support our Ridge Revenue Network, which has hundreds of VP- and C-level executives from top companies.
- Support finance, marketing, and community building at Ridge
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has earned a technical degree in engineering or science (a preference for us, but not a requirement),
- Has had one professional role at minimum since graduation, even for 1-2 years. More experience is also welcome.
- Has a curious, structured, data-driven approach to problem solving, and is comfortable discovering, extracting, manipulating, and finding narratives in large data sets.
- Hasn’t necessarily been thinking about joining a venture capital firm, but thinks it would be interesting.
We encourage individuals from backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in technology and venture to apply, as well as those who haven’t previously considered venture. Unsure of whether you fit at a venture firm? Please reach out.