Associate Director Human Capital
Position Title: Associate Director, Human Capital
Reports To: SVP, Human Capital
Department: Human Capital
Location: San Francisco Preferred, Austin Possible, Remote Considered
Founded in 2008, Serent Capital (www.serentcapital.com) is a leading lower-middle market private equity firm focused on investing in founder led, vertically focused B2B technology and tech-enabled services companies with nearly $5 billion of assets under management. We strive to be an involved, value-added investor, capable of providing significant operational and strategic support to our portfolio company CEOs on the most critical issues that they face as the company’s scale.
Our mission is to deliver extraordinary returns by partnering with outstanding executive teams to grow exceptional businesses. Our team is comprised of investment and operating professionals that have experience as executives, strategic advisors, and investors in growing businesses.
At Serent, we believe that our success in achieving our mission comes from our persistent adherence to our values:
• Performance – Demanding excellence, unyielding in the search for truth, upholding the obligation to dissent, disciplined.
• Partnership – Trust, support, and respect – both internally and with our portfolio executive teams and employees. Our portfolio companies come first, the firm second, and the self third.
• Development – High expectations, invest in the individual, reap the rewards as a firm.
• Entrepreneurship – Valued in our firm, in our professionals, in our portfolio companies and their leadership.
• Principled – Fiercely protective of our reputation for professionalism and integrity, with everyone in our universe: executives, employees, intermediaries, investors, service providers.
The Associate Director, Human Capital (ADHC) will be responsible for supporting VPs on executive search assignments as well as assisting the management of Human Capital operations and reporting processes. The ADHC will meaningfully impact the HC function’s ability to serve portfolio companies and continuously improve and scale capabilities.
Specific areas of accountability will include but not be limited to:
• Search execution support: Provide support to HC search teams with candidate screening, Caliper assessments, weekly update email prep, interview note tracking, references and presentation to Hiring Managers (primarily portfolio CEOs), Thrive database updates etc.
• HC Operations: Support the day-to-day operations of the HC function in process management, data capture, and metrics/reporting. This includes critical quarterly and annual review processes like CEO assessments, bi-annual portfolio performance reviews, and Board assessments/surveys. Finally, the individual will play a key role in preparing statistics and data for Limited Partner (LP, or investor) meetings, annual summits, deal teams, etc.
• HC Document Management: serve as the content manager for the HC function to best structure the HC shared drive and determine document management and organization standards for all search documents, resource documents, standard templates, etc.
• HC Legal document coordination: in partnership with the VP of Portfolio Legal Operations and 2-3 outside law firms, help track progress of legal documents each year including collecting data points for document prep from deal teams, candidates and port cos, ensuring timely preparation, execution, distribution and saving of all docs.
• Compensation benchmarking: prepare an annually updated master compensation standards chart based on internally developed data. In addition, pull customized data as necessary from internal and external sources for ad hoc requests from deal teams and port cos as necessary.
• Research and sourcing: leverage internal (Thrive) and external (LinkedIn) databases to find candidate profiles to target for searches to enhance HC’s network search efforts.
The successful candidate will have exceptional skills in and a passion for sourcing and assessing talent (LinkedIn, resume review etc.), functional operational management (see list above) and executive search process management. Specifically, desired experiences and skills include:
• 3+ years of professional experience, ideally in an executive recruiting or comparable organization, with strengths operational & process management as well as candidate sourcing/research.
• A demonstrated track record of success and high impact with consistent over-achievement of KPIs.
• Proven ability to handle orchestration of multiple projects/initiatives with tight timelines, diverse stakeholder groups, and clients/internal customers with high expectations.
• Enjoys and is adept at creating and managing information systems and organizing data from multiple formats/sources in an efficient and intuitive manner.
• Demonstrated data and analysis literacy with ability to identify needs, test hypotheses and come to conclusions from complex sets of data.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
The successful candidate:
• Is intellectually curious and is learning and development oriented; is not intimidated to tackle new things and is energized by stretch goals that put his/her abilities to the test.
• Rigorously holds self and others accountable for achieving high levels of individual and organizational performance.
• Seeks out and implements best practices in everything s/he does.
• Embraces an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys team collaboration as much as individual accomplishment.
• Exhibits professional credibility and presence, is highly articulate and is able to convey important messages in a clear and compelling manner.
• Is adept at working with multiple stakeholders at any given time; is an exceptional multitasker with high attention to detail and keen sense of urgency.
• Knows how to work smarter, not harder to efficiently accomplish high volumes of work.
• Possesses the intellect to “connect the dots” of the work to be done, and to combine data and pattern recognition to identify areas in need of improvement, set standards, and implement best practices.
• Is able to understand and articulate the impact of the Human Capital function on Serent Capital’s performance and prides themselves on being a core member of the team that delivers that value.
• Embraces and demonstrates Serent’s values of Performance, Partnership, Entrepreneurship, Development and Principled.
Bachelor’s degree required
10% or less domestic travel for internal firm meetings across the two office locations and portfolio company events.