Director, Growth Team Operations (Austin, TX – Preferred, or San Francisco, CA)
Position Title: Director, Growth Team Operations
Reports To: Sr. Vice President, Growth Team Operations
Department: Growth Team
Location: Austin, TX (preferred) or San Francisco, CA
Founded in 2008, Serent Capital is a leading lower-middle market private equity firm focused on investing in founder led, vertically focused B2B technology and tech-enabled services companies with nearly $5 billion of assets under management. We strive to be an involved, value-added investor, capable of providing significant operational and strategic support to our portfolio company CEOs on the most critical issues that they face as the company’s scale.
Our mission is to deliver extraordinary returns by partnering with outstanding executive teams to grow exceptional businesses. Our team is comprised of investment and operating professionals that have experience as executives, strategic advisors, and investors in growing businesses.
The Director of Growth Team Operations is responsible for both executing and providing strategic guidance on partnering with our portfolio companies to enhance their growth and performance, particularly in terms of how Serent Capital can continually enhance and innovate in this regard. The team has been described as a “force multiplier.”
This team encompasses a wide range of responsibilities and projects, providing ample opportunities to leverage entrepreneurial strengths. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Designing and automating the next generation of operational reporting and analysis for Serent partners to monitor portfolio performance.
• Conducting interviews with portfolio CFOs to gain insights into challenges associated with managing fractional FP&A resources and internal Value Creation Operators.
• Identifying, structuring, and launching a cross-portfolio program with a new software vendor transforming how portfolio sales teams pursue outbound leads.
• Hosting cross-portfolio executive events with over 200 participants.
The role demands the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, navigate ambiguity, and facilitate consensus and action among multiple stakeholder groups with varying priorities.
The primary objective of this position is to work independently on 2-3 key initiatives, including substantial portfolio-wide cost savings and learning and development (L&D). Over the long term, the role will contribute to establishing a transformative feedback loop for continuous improvement and transparency, enhancing Serent’s confidence in underwriting and execution, particularly within the Growth Team.
This unique experience provides accelerated exposure to Serent’s strategic initiatives, portfolio, and executives, offering the flexibility to advance either within Growth Team Operations or pursue portfolio-facing opportunities as part of the broader Growth Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with Growth Team leadership to design and execute strategic internal and portfolio-facing projects.
• Enhance and optimize existing processes and systems, including quarterly and annual portfolio reviews, and introduce new ones to support cross-portfolio efforts within the Growth Team and Serent.
• Lead the creation and ongoing development of key Serent intellectual property (IP) and best practices, which may involve the establishment of an L&D or knowledge management platform in the long term.
• Track and analyze critical performance metrics for the Growth Team in coordination with other functions within the team.
Accountability and Performance Measures
• Achieve the annual objectives of the Growth Team and strategic objectives defined by firm leadership.
• Ensure the thorough implementation of Growth Team Operations initiatives.
• Provide accurate and timely reporting crucial for decision-making within the Growth Team and across Serent.
• 2 to 3 years of consulting experience
• Proficient analytical skills, including data management
• Effective communication and project management abilities, encompassing writing and presenting
• Demonstrated capacity for rapid and independent learning and performance
• Competence in managing multiple priorities concurrently
• Familiarity with financial services and SaaS industries is a plus
Four-year college degree from an accredited institution, with a preference for pre-MBA qualifications
30% or less domestic travel for internal firm meetings across the two office locations.