Venture Capital Investment Analyst
Suffolk Technologies, a leading built environment venture capital and innovation platform backed by $5B construction leader Suffolk, is seeking an outstanding Venture Capital Investment analyst to join an experienced and growing team. This is a full-time role based in Boston, MA.
You are an independent go-getter, prepared to take on a wide range of responsibilities including developing investment themes, engaging innovation stakeholders, sourcing startups and leading due diligence, and working closely with a portfolio of high impact technology startups (from early to growth stages) across real estate, construction, and sustainability. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in investment banking, VC/PE, management consulting or similar.
- Identifying new investment trends and opportunities: synthesizing insights to develop investment themes, generating and managing deal flow, meeting with startup founders, networking with investors at other venture capital firms and strategics.
- Performing deal-side due diligence: conducting market opportunity and competitive analysis, analyzing company performance, gathering diligence inputs from internal and external experts, building valuation analysis and models, and preparing investment memos.
- Supporting portfolio companies: developing product, business model and go-to-market strategies, and leveraging Suffolk Technologies and industry resources and networks to support portfolio growth.
- Supporting our annual BOOST Startup Accelerator: designing marketing messaging, connecting with program partners, generating startup applicants, planning events and programming.
- 2-3 years in technology investment banking, VC/PE, or strategy consulting at top tier firms
- A Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier institution
- Proficiency in financial modelling, market research, and business model analysis
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, investment, and the built environment (construction, real estate, sustainability etc.)
- Excellent written, analytical, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Team collaborator and leader, and self-guided in day-to-day work
- Experience in a built world related sector (i.e. real estate, construction) is preferred