Associate (Summer 2023): Capital Markets
Who we are
Founded in 1984, Summit Partners is a global alternative investment firm that is currently managing more than $35 billion in capital dedicated to growth equity, fixed income and public equity opportunities. Summit invests across growth sectors of the economy and has invested in more than 500 companies in eCommerce, technology, healthcare and other growth industries. These companies have completed more than 160 public equity offerings, and more than 200 have been acquired through strategic mergers and sales.
What you will do
The firm is adding an Analyst/Associate to its Capital Markets group. This individual will report to the Head of Capital Markets at Summit and work closely with members of the Capital Markets team, Summit’s investment teams across its growth equity platforms and the management teams of our portfolio companies.
In this role you will help with the financing execution process for new investments and existing portfolio companies. You will also help manage Summit’s relationships with financial intermediaries, investment banks and other third-party capital providers. Additionally, you will help structure, document, and monitor investments from Summit’s captive subordinated debt fund. This critical addition to the team will play a central role in supporting the Capital Markets team members.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with each of Summit’s investment teams across growth equity fund platforms in connection with financing new investment activities and portfolio company initiatives
- Assisting with the financing execution process, including lender outreach, facilitating lender due diligence, financial model construction/review
- Overseeing the deal closing process in partnership with legal counsel, financing sources, portfolio company management teams and Summit’s finance team
- Developing materials and supporting analysis for internal presentations, investor presentations and fund-raising activities
- Managing various internal databases to track transaction and financing activities
- Tracking financial performance of investments from Summit’s captive subordinated debt fund
- Monitor leveraged finance market conditions and recent developments to help ensure we are benefitting from the latest financing technology and most favorable terms and conditions
- Coordinating with and supporting management teams of Summit portfolio companies in all of the above activities as needed
What you’re like
- Strong track record of undergraduate academic achievement from a leading college or university
- Leveraged finance background with some experience structuring and executing acquisition financings as well as other event-driven financings
- Strong analytical skills and background in financial modeling and credit analysis
- Feels comfortable working independently or in collaboration with colleagues, entrepreneurs and third-party advisors
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize effectively across multiple concurrent deal executions
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Excellent writer
- Strong interpersonal skills, engaging personality, confident but humble
- Flexibility to work on teams in various roles as needed and adaptability in working across deal teams with different styles and processes
- Excellent business judgment, and comfortable working closely with and presenting to the most senior executives
- Comfortable with an unpredictable and dynamic schedule, including some business travel
At Summit we value passion and drive, a voracious appetite to learn, insatiable curiosity, a genuine interest in business, technology and how companies work and, perhaps most importantly, a resilience and relentless optimism that the next great company is right around the corner. We also value diversity in all forms and work to create an inclusive and open culture where the best ideas win. We look for leaders who are humble, hungry and strong team players who like to have fun.