Investment Associate 2023
TrueBridge Capital Partners
TrueBridge Capital Partners is seeking two motivated Investment Associates for its investment team. The Associates will support all aspects of the investment process, including analysis of current and prospective fund and direct investments. The Associates will also be responsible for portfolio and manager analytics and in-depth market and financial diligence. The position is structured as a 2-3 year commitment with the potential to grow responsibilities over time.
TrueBridge is a leading venture capital investor located in Chapel Hill, NC with approximately $6.0 billion in assets under management. The firm invests in venture capital funds as well as directly in technology companies. TrueBridge has a partnership with Forbes
Key responsibilities include:
- Source and conduct due diligence on investments in technology companies and venture firms through both primary and secondary financings.
- Provide research, modeling, and analytical support for the investment team.
- Create and maintain reports from third-party data providers such as Pitchbook or internal proprietary data sources.
- Assist with investor relations, including the preparation of analyses for client meeting materials.
- Conduct ad hoc investment-related projects as needed.
The ideal candidates will have/be:
- 1-5 years of experience working in investment banking, consulting, investment/asset management, PE/VC, or at a technology company. Exceptional undergraduate candidates with an orientation to venture are also encouraged to apply.
- Intellectually curious, with a strong interest in technology, startups, and innovation.
- Strong financial analysis/modeling skills and highly proficient with Excel. Prior experience sourcing and evaluating secondary equity transactions and underwriting LP/GP stakes is a plus.
- A long-term approach to investing.
- Comfortable working as part of a small, performance-oriented team in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with keen attention to detail.