Investment Analyst / Associate
About Trust Ventures
Many technologies with tremendous potential for societal impact never make it into the hands of those who need them because of outdated or incumbent-driven regulatory barriers.
Trust Ventures is a venture capital fund focused on removing barriers that keep innovators and entrepreneurs from bringing life-changing ideas to market that can transform some of the largest industries and solve massive social challenges. We help our portfolio companies understand the shifting policy landscape and navigate regulatory barriers and gray areas. We manage over $500 million in capital and have helped our portfolio companies across sectors–including healthcare, clean energy, and housing–secure unprecedented regulatory clearances and change state and federal laws, unlocking access to their innovations for hundreds of millions of Americans.
About the Role
Trust is looking for an Investment Analyst or Associate to join our team starting this winter or earlier depending on availability. This is a 2-year position.
In this role, you will see every side of a potential deal from sourcing and conducting diligence on new opportunities to supporting portfolio companies post-investment. Most critically, you will help the fund find and explore the next crop of visionary companies we invest in.
- Support the Trust team in managing the full investment process including evaluating potential investments in early stage companies.
- Take a self-directed approach to supporting emerging opportunity areas and new thesis development.
- Produce detailed work products through financial due diligence, market research, and competitive analysis.
- Work with our regulatory team to learn to identify how regulations and policy hurdles impact early stage companies and how our resources can help resolve those issues.
- Support portfolio company and internal fund projects as needed.
- Collaborate with our team to refine our investment and decision protocols.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in analysis roles (e.g. venture capital, investment banking, consulting) or in an emerging startup in roles in growth, operations, and go-to-market.
- Intellectually curious and comfortable with significant self-direction.
- Ability to communicate and present ideas to diverse audiences, including conversations with executive leadership at emerging companies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities demanding rigorous attention to detail, personal accountability, and high levels of collaboration.
- A passion for early-stage startups, technology, and highly-regulated industries.
- Unquestionable honesty, integrity, and transparency.
- Legally qualified to work in the US.
Compensation is a competitive base salary and best-in-class health and supplemental benefits. This position is remote (with occasional travel to Austin).