New Business Sales Ops Lead
About Turn/River Capital
Turn/River Capital is a technology-focused private equity firm based in San Francisco with over $2 billion under management. We are 100% focused on B2B software, specializing in growth capital investments, founder liquidity, buyouts, spin-outs, and recapitalizations of technology, web, and SaaS companies. Our strategy combines flexible capital with data-driven marketing, sales optimization, and operational execution to help companies double or triple their growth and build significant value. We are analytically driven, curious by nature, and always looking for the next experiment to drive improvement.
The Opportunity: New Business Sales Ops Lead
We are looking for a New Business Sales Ops Lead to join the Operations team. This person will be responsible for optimizing new business sales at a subset of our portfolio companies by partnering with company sales leadership and applying Turn/River’s sales best practices. You will be working closely with our in-house operations team to ensure strong cohesion across marketing, sales, and customer success.
- Analyze companies during the due diligence process, developing a deep understanding of the new business sales organization’s process, efficiency, and team performance.
- Partner with the sales leaders at Turn/River portfolio companies to drive revenue growth; provide guidance and support implementation of best practices.
- Continuously test and contribute to Turn/River new business sales best practices. Share internally for application across the Turn/River portfolio.
- Foster a new business sales culture focused on repeatable and predictable processes.
- Work closely with Marketing and Customer Success counterparts to ensure a cohesive revenue generation strategy and execution.
- 11+ years’ experience building and leading sales/new business sales teams in the B2B software / SaaS space, preferably at multiple companies
- Experience scaling sales teams to 50+ sellers in an environment where a significant portion of revenue is driven by high-ACV deals
- Deep understanding of the critical elements to grow a new business sales organization as a company scales such as hiring, team composition, and org structure / design
- Proven ability to create predictability in the new business sales funnel through implementing process best practices
- Experience leading teams that have sold through various pipeline sources: Marketing Inbound, BDR-sourced, AE-sourced, Channel Partner.
- Knowledge of how to generate and close new business sales opportunities with targeted verticals / markets (e.g., Financial Services, Government)
- Experience managing frontline sales leaders
- The ability to lead through influence
- Highly analytical. You take a data-driven approach to new business sales optimization.
- Strong project management, organizational skills and process management
- SF – hybrid work model
Base salary range for this role is $330,000-$415,000, taking into account numerous variable factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications and other business and organizational needs.