VP, Investment Development
About Turn/River Capital
Turn/River Capital is a technology-focused private equity firm based in San Francisco with around $2 billion under management. We are 100% focused on B2B software, specializing in growth capital investments, founder liquidity, buyouts, spin-outs, and recapitalizations of technology, web, and SaaS companies. Our strategy combines capital with data-driven marketing, sales optimization, and operational execution to help companies double or triple their growth and build significant value.
The Opportunity: VP, Investment Development
We are seeking a Vice President of Investment Development to source and originate new investments and portfolio company add-ons for Turn/River. As the key member of our deal origination and investment sourcing strategy, you will be responsible for leading the full cycle of the origination and investment sourcing process – from sourcing and identifying potential investments, holding calls and meetings with potential investments, building relationships, and ultimately delivering investment proposals and helping to close the deal.
Much of our investment pipeline is proprietary – and you’ll have high ownership over these outbound sourcing and origination efforts and be responsible for long-term relationship building with our target software companies. We are also seeking someone who can help build our existing relationships with partners and intermediaries, as well as forge new strategic relationships.
We are looking for analytical, entrepreneurial-minded individuals with proven investment development and sourcing experience in B2B software or those who have led a team with demonstrated success in this domain. This position offers an exceptional opportunity for rapid, further career path development and leadership at Turn/River. This role will be based in San Francisco on a hybrid work model.
- Lead efforts at identifying and sourcing software companies that are open to growth capital and majority buyout capital from a private equity firm and a fit for Turn/River’s investment mandate
- Grow and nurture relationships with target software company CEOs, founders, advisors, and intermediaries
- Work closely with Partners and the investment team to close new software investments and portfolio company add-on acquisitions
- Craft the strategy and execute the right process and system to continuously improve our sourcing and investment development/origination efforts
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in investment origination, deal sourcing, and/or M&A corporate development
- Demonstrated ability to identify target companies, establish contact with target companies both in volume and with custom, thoughtful messaging, the ability to build and nurture relationships, and advance target opportunities through the funnel to close
- Executive-level presence and communication with a hands-on attitude and approach
- Understanding of software businesses and strong judgment to evaluate them in an investment capacity
- Fluency with software systems and tools to support sourcing and origination efforts
- SF – hybrid work model
Base salary range for this role is $250,000-$300,000, taking into account numerous variable factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications and other business and organizational needs.