White Star Capital
White Star Capital is a global multi-stage technology investment platform investing in exceptional entrepreneurs building ambitious, international businesses. Operating out of London, New York, Montreal, Toronto, Paris, Tokyo, and Singapore, our global presence, perspective, and people enable us to partner closely with our portfolio companies to help them scale internationally.
Our new Structured Growth Capital strategy is a hybrid fund, investing in the debt and equity securities of proven technology-enabled firms in Europe and Southeast Asia.
You can read more about this new fund strategy here.
The Structured Growth Capital team is now actively recruiting for a full-time Associate to join them in our London office.
More details on the role and requirements can be found below, with a link to apply at the bottom of this post.
- All aspects of due diligence on potential investments: strategy, market, management, competition, financial, credit and equity return modelling
- Preparing investment committee papers and presenting investment recommendations
- Screen and originate new investment opportunities
- Monitoring the financial performance of portfolio companies
- Conducting fundamental research of key sector and investment trends
- Assisting with ad-hoc fundraising and investor relations
- Day-to-day management of analysts and interns within the team
- 3 years minimum of experience in principal investing (growth debt, growth equity, private equity), debt/leveraged finance, management consulting, or corporate finance
- Exceptional modelling and analytical skills in the context of financial statements and KPI performance information
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Educated to degree level at a leading university and achieved at least a 2:1 qualification or equivalent
- Highly organised, hard-working, motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a larger global team
- Exposure to, or interest in, technology or technology-enabled sectors
- Advanced analytical / quantitative abilities and Excel modelling skills
- Professional accounting or financial qualifications (i.e. ACA, CFA) or an advanced post-graduate degree (such as an MBA)
- Excellent German written and communication skills
- Ability and/or right to work in the UK
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If this sounds like the right role for you, please apply by filling out this short application form.
We look forward to hearing from you!